HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

Alert - Potential Problem with Direct...

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » Argosy » Alert - Potential Problem with Direct Orders « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Lou Anders
Posted on Friday, January 09, 2004 - 01:05 pm:   

Hi all,

As you know, as a thank-you for all the support, we have been sending gift copies of International Studio to folks who ordered Argosy Magazine - a policy that will continue through January 15th.

However, so far, we have had four people receive packages from us that included their bonus International Studio magazine but mysteriously did not contain a copy of Argosy Magazine.

This was a problem on our end that is currently being investigated.

Most of the gift copies of International Studio were packaged together with Argosy and we are concerned that people who ordered Argosy and have received only International Studio are simply waiting for the other magazine instead of complaining to us.

At this point, if you have ordered a copy or subscription of Argosy Magazine before January 5 and haven't received your order please let us know, and we'll expedite one to you immediately.

Write to us at subscriptions@argosymag.com

We apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Thank you again for the support.

Jetse
Posted on Saturday, January 10, 2004 - 01:07 am:   

Lou,

I was about to email you because I thought Coppervale International had made a mistake.

Yesterday I returned from a two month trip to Australia and--among some fifteen other magazines--found my well-packed copy of Argosy and International Stiudio.

And International Studio? I recalled only having subscribed to Argosy, so I thought it was a mistake. I only just checked the Argosy website and this discussion board to find out it was included as a complimentary "thank you" copy. I highly appreciate this.

Actually, I was so intrigued by International Studio that I read it first. And I must say that I'm very impressed. I'm not an art connoisseur--far from it--but I did like most of the art presented here, especially that from John Picaccio (I recognised the "Live Without A Net" cover, BTW: I liked that antho, too), Gary Spencer Millidge, Eyvind Earle (although I find his landscapes much superior to his Disney backgrounds) and James Christensen.

Now I'm seriously considering to subscribe to International Studio as well, the only thing stopping me is the somewhat prohibitive mailing costs to Europe.

It was the same thing that made me a little reluctant to subscribe to Argosy, as well. But I figured that if I only ordered a sample issue, this would set me back $20.50, but then if I liked I would subscribe anyway so that in the long run I'd probably be a little less expensive in subscribing directly.

I'm glad I did that as I'm very impressed with Argosy as well, so far (having only read the Jeffrey Ford and Ann Cummins so far). But to echo Nathing Ballingrud in the other thread: this is the first "genre" (oh, well I know you are broader than that) magazine that equals The Third Alternative and CrimeWave in both presentation and content. (Although I haven't heard of Tin House. Again someting to check out.) I very much like the magazine and seperate novella in one slipcase approach and I'm highly impressed by the presentation (have to read most of the fiction yet).

In any case, I'm happy I took the plunge and subscribed, I highly appreciate the complimentary International Studio, and hope to enjoy Argosy for a long time to come.

One final thought, though: suppose somebody crazy enough--like me--to consider a subscription to both Argosy and International Studio, would it not be possible that by shipping them together--like you did now--to lower the mailing costs? I, for one, would be very interested.

Lou Anders
Posted on Sunday, January 11, 2004 - 05:58 pm:   

Very glad you liked International Studio. The second issue of same will be out before too long. And thank you very much for the kind words re: Argosy. I'll be curious to hear what you think of the rest of the fiction when you get to it.

RE: packaging Argosy and IS together - one is quarterly and the other bi-monthly, so it wouldn't work every time. And what would we do when the THIRD MAGAZINE comes out in '04?
;)

Jetse
Posted on Monday, January 12, 2004 - 02:47 am:   

The THIRD MAGAZINE? I take it you mean Words & Pictures that was mentioned by James Owen in his afterword in International Studio?

Any info on that, if only just to whet my appetite?

Lou Anders
Posted on Monday, January 12, 2004 - 07:06 am:   

Well,
we've just revamped the home site, www.coppervaleinternational.com, and there's a little more information there about additional projects.
Check it out!

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register

| Moderators | Administrators |