Welcome to Arthur Robyn Anders! Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » Anders, Lou » Welcome to Arthur Robyn Anders! « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Andrew Fox
Posted on Friday, May 13, 2005 - 08:50 am:   

Big congratulations are due Lou and wife Xin on the birth of their first child. Arthur Robyn Anders was born 4/27/05, at 7:32 A.M., weighing 7 lbs 9 oz. Baby and mom are both doing great. Lou tells me his son was named after a whole long list of SF and fantasy luminaries, a list so long I've forgotten most of them! But any kid named (in part) after Arthur C. Clarke and King Arthur is getting off to a pretty good start.

Lou, I've got plenty of recent experience selecting strollers, diapers, car seats, play pens, and toys; I'm practically a living issue of Consumer Reports. Let me know if I can share any of my hard-earned wisdom!

Richard Parks
Posted on Friday, May 13, 2005 - 03:03 pm:   

Congratulations!

Lou Anders
Posted on Sunday, May 15, 2005 - 08:40 am:   

Andrew, Richard,
Thank you both very, very much. Fortunately, we've gotten the strollers, diapers (& the wonderous Diaper Genie), car seat, play pen already, but toy advice welcome!

Personally I can't wait till Arthur is old enough to play with all the really cool toys that I wish they'd had when I was a kid. I see Daddy spoiling him rotten, particularly with Batman figures...

jeff ford
Posted on Sunday, May 15, 2005 - 08:46 am:   

Lou: Congratulations to you guys. That's wonderful. The best advice I ever got when we had our two sons was -- spend absolutely as much time with them as possible, cause it will never come again. Man, I'm glad I took that advice. Enjoy!!!

Minz
Posted on Sunday, May 15, 2005 - 11:47 am:   

CONGRATULATIONS (he types with a screeching five-month-old in his lap. At least it's her happy screech.)

Minz
Posted on Sunday, May 15, 2005 - 11:48 am:   

Oh, and you can't let him take those Batmans out of the box. It'll ruin their value... :-)

Ellen Datlow
Posted on Sunday, May 15, 2005 - 06:18 pm:   

Congratulations Lou!
And Jim, I can imagine this vividly :-)

Forrest
Posted on Monday, May 16, 2005 - 05:42 am:   

Congratulations, Lou! Just don't let him grow up to want to behave like batman. My kids do, and it's an endless source of frustration to be surrounded by bad acting and people in tights and capes. The laundry bill is horrific.

Minz
Posted on Monday, May 16, 2005 - 08:19 am:   

Ah, but isn't it much easier to collar a kid in a cape? Inquiring dads want to know...

Ellen Datlow
Posted on Monday, May 16, 2005 - 10:04 am:   

Jim,
I meant the tyke on your lap :-)

Lou Anders
Posted on Monday, May 16, 2005 - 06:45 pm:   

Thank you everyone.
Re: unboxed Batman - I was never that sad a collector that I kept things boxed. However, my local comic store will still let me exchange graphic novels I've had for upwards of 2 years (and in one case purchased in another store in another state), because they know what I have will be in better condition than their own stock. That may not remain true when Arthur starts to read....

Chris Nakashima-Brown
Posted on Tuesday, May 17, 2005 - 08:08 am:   

Is it true that infant Arthur was born with a perfectly formed chrome dome and a very small but inestimably hip black goatee?

Congratulations and warmest regards to you and Xin -- hope we'll get to meet Arthur at Armadillocon this year.

Lou Anders
Posted on Tuesday, May 17, 2005 - 08:53 am:   

Negative. He's Xin's side from the nose up, but has his father's chin and mouth. I'll see about Armadillocon. I'm going to BEA, Glasgow, and have to make another work related trip in between, so that might be pushing it, but I'd love to be there.

Andrew Fox
Posted on Friday, June 10, 2005 - 08:07 am:   

Hey, Lou, how about an update on Arthur Robyn? I hope you, Xin, and Arthur have all been doing really well. Dara's and my second little boy, Asher, recently hit four months, and he started smiling regularly about two weeks ago. What a difference that has made! Now I want to interact with him all the time, just to see if I can get my little "reward" of a smile. I guess Mother Nature knew what she was doing when she coded in the smile reflex for infants.

Lou Anders
Posted on Sunday, June 12, 2005 - 11:39 am:   

Hey Andy,
Arthur is now almost 7 weeks, and he's started smiling too. He's also started sleeping, if not through the whole night, through a much larger percentage of it than he was. And while he won't be coming with me to Glasgow, he will be on hand to meet & greet folks at WFC this year.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register