Year's Best Cavalcade Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration
Night Shade Message Boards » Strahan, Jonathan » Year's Best Cavalcade « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jonathan
Posted on Monday, January 05, 2004 - 04:09 pm:   

First up, I just heard that Jane Yolen and Patrick Nielsen Hayden will be editing a year's best young adult science fiction and fantasy for Tor, which is very cool. By my calculation, gods and contracts permitting, that means there'll be ten annuals published in 2005! It seems like...a lot. The books that I know of are:

The Year's Best Science Fiction: Twenty-Second Annual Collection, Gardner Dozois
The Year's Best Fantasy & Horror: Eighteenth Annual Collection, Ellen Datlow, Gavin Grant & Kelly Link eds.
Year's Best SF 10, David G. Hartwell & Kathryn Cramer eds.
Year's Best Fantasy 5, David G. Hartwell & Kathryn Cramer eds.
Science Fiction: Best of 2004, Karen Haber & Jonathan Strahan eds.
Fantasy: Best of 2004, Karen Haber & Jonathan Strahan eds.
Best Short Novels: 2004, Jonathan Strahan ed.
The Mammoth Book of Best New Horror Vol. 16, Stephen Jones ed.
The Year's Best Young Adult Science Fiction and Fantasy, Jane Yolen & Patrick Nielsen Hayden eds.
Nebula Awards Showcase: 2005, Jack Dann ed.

Again, this is assuming contracts and such, but it's still pretty cool. Oh, and Gary at Locus gets to review 'em all - busy man!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

ellen
Posted on Monday, January 05, 2004 - 06:03 pm:   

Hey, Gary's lucky--he doesn't have to read all the stories we read to put them together.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration