Wow Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » Calder, Richard » Wow « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

James Worrad
Posted on Sunday, January 22, 2006 - 05:22 am:   

Ive just started ordering interzone for the last couple of issues, just in time for 'after the party' (Am I fashionably late?)and I have to say it boom, boom, shaked my room (In the immortal words of mr Smith.)and I'm going to hunt down your books like some tome-obsessed Ahab.
A few weeks back I gave my first submission to IZ only to recieve one of those rejection slips cut from a quarter of A4. In retrospect I think its all I deserved, its just the other three sods I feel sorry for (Who are they? Do they think about me as I do them?)
Anyway, what I'm trying to say is could you please become formulaic and mediocre in future, just so idealess fools like me get a chance? Come on, Mr Calder, its only fair.
Cant wait for the final installment.

Richard Calder
Posted on Monday, January 23, 2006 - 06:01 am:   

James --

Many thanks. It's always nice to receive positive feedback.

As for submissions (and subsequent rejections): it can be a pretty disheartening business, certainly. But if you're something of an Ahab (and obsession really is the key, I think), I dare say you'll keep working away until the harpoon hits the mark! Good luck.

James Worrad
Posted on Monday, January 30, 2006 - 06:56 am:   

Thanks, really cheered me up, wasnt particularly expecting a reply, made my day. Yes, it was a fairly disheartening business (For some reason whale hunting never took off in the midlands.)but after I E-mailed TTA looking for constructive criticism, Andy Cox mailed me back some perspective. V Nice bloke.

Cheers Richard, don't stop that voodoo that you do so so well.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register