Star of Lilim Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » Calder, Richard » Star of Lilim « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jai
Posted on Friday, September 16, 2005 - 11:06 pm:   

I am actually interested in seeing a pictoral take of the "Star of Lilim" pre-pubescent dead girls were forced to wear to school in London. If anyone has any leads or ideas, I'd be foreveer grateful. The books (Boys, Girls, and Things, of course) and their surroundings mean a great deal to me (my "stage name" is Jai Primavera, to start), so I am looking for the piece to use as an underwrist tattoo.

Any help is deeply appreciated.

-J.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Richard Calder
Posted on Saturday, September 17, 2005 - 03:10 am:   

Jai --

During the Nazi terror Jews were forbidden to show themselves in public without the 'Jewish star'. (A six-pointed star, outlined with the black superscription 'Jew', that both quotes and mocks the Star of David.)

It was worn visibly, sewn to the left breast of a person's clothing.

The 'star of Lilim' (as you call it) references this symbolic (and of course at the same time very real) ostracization.

A six-pointed star with a circle around it is a hexagram. A five-pointed star with a circle around it is a pentagram.

The Lilim wear pentagrams since the pentagram (or pentacle) is associated with witchcraft, esoterica and black magic.

The Lilim's eyes are green. Thus the pentagram is green.

The *precise* design of such a symbol is somewhat moot. Perhaps it is outlined with the superscription 'Lilim'? I will leave that to your imagination.

Good luck with the tattoo!

Best wishes
Richard

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register