Lack of understanding Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » Calder, Richard » Lack of understanding « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jon C
Posted on Thursday, February 24, 2005 - 01:36 am:   

Richard you are odd!

your books are as weird as hell.

I have read every one many times over and can still say i do not truely understand any of them, they confuse me like mad (especially the amazing dead things trilogy)! I still love them and relish the challenge of trying to decifer each and every one of them.

I look forward to babylon with much anticipation, i cannot wait to once again be thrown into the world of the bizarre and spend many hours scratching my head trying to work out what exactly it's all about!

Richard Calder
Posted on Thursday, February 24, 2005 - 03:56 am:   

Jon --

Odd is my middle name. Along with Weird. And Hell, perhaps, could have been my surname if it hadn't already been used by the frontman of the Voidoids.

You do me a great compliment in saying you've read my books 'many times over'. The 'Dead' trilogy has indeed caused quite a bit of head-scratching over the years, so you're not alone! Suffice to say, I hope you enjoy BABYLON -- K.J. Bishop has contributed a *very* fine introduction.

Best wishes
Richard

Ellen Datlow
Posted on Thursday, February 24, 2005 - 06:57 am:   

Hi Richard,
When is Babylon coming out?

Richard Calder
Posted on Thursday, February 24, 2005 - 09:59 am:   

Ellen --

Hi. Nice to hear from you. Babylon is scheduled for late 2005 -- I believe that means November.

There's a synopsis up on the PS website, by the way.

Ellen Datlow
Posted on Thursday, February 24, 2005 - 02:23 pm:   

Cool. I'll check it out.

Jason
Posted on Sunday, March 06, 2005 - 10:29 pm:   

I think the common theme in all Richard's books is human dreams and desires made real trying to find a balance with the ordinary world.

Anyway I can't wait for Babylon either!

Richard Calder
Posted on Monday, March 07, 2005 - 08:46 am:   

Thanks, Jason. When the Babylon artwork is available, I'll post it on my website and/or this messageboard.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register