Richard Calder @ Fantastic Metropolis Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » Calder, Richard » Richard Calder @ Fantastic Metropolis « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Luís
Posted on Wednesday, March 05, 2003 - 07:27 pm:   

Greetings, all!

The first two stories Richard Calder's ever written, "Toxine" and "Mosquito", are now up at Fantastic Metropolis. Check them out, they're brilliant!

Best,
Luís

Cornelis Alderlieste
Posted on Tuesday, March 11, 2003 - 01:18 am:   

Loved Toxine, but couldn't get through Mosquito. Still, I find Mr. Calder's writing style breathtakingly beautiful, although sometimes somewhat lengthy.

Cheers,

Cornelis

John Oakes/Four Walls Eight Windows
Posted on Monday, March 17, 2003 - 02:12 pm:   

Calderians, do check out FRENZETTA: it deserves a wider readership. I write this not only because I am its U.S. publisher, but as a mitzvah, self-serving though it may be, to all intellectual adventurers. And it's fun, a "laugh riot," as one early reviewer wrote of "Waiting for Godot." Extreme violence and sex, interconnected as they must be, are among the topics under scrutiny.... And this winter Calder will continue his uniquely convoluted, intoxicating chronicles with THE TWIST -- mixing the Old West with the New Decadence. Out this fall from Four Walls Eight Windows (excuse me for this, Night Shade!). John Wayne would have been befuddled.

JeffV
Posted on Monday, March 17, 2003 - 02:25 pm:   

John:

I've read The Twist in the UK edition, and thought it was brilliant. Not to mention, I believe Frenzetta is the one from which we published the first part in Leviathan 2.

I'm glad you're bringing Richard's work out in the U.S.

JeffV.

jeff ford
Posted on Sunday, August 03, 2003 - 06:43 pm:   

Richard: Fascinating interview at Fantastic Metropolis. This, in addition to your Album Zutique story and the other fictions at FM, has sent me on-line to get a few of your books. I never realized you had so much out there to choose from.

Best,

Jeff

Rich Patterson
Posted on Monday, August 04, 2003 - 08:04 am:   

Richard,

I agree with Jeff Ford. That's a fine new interview on the FM site... The best one I've read so far, from those you have linked to your web site... Still waiting for that slow boat from the UK to make it to China with your books!

Rich

Luís
Posted on Monday, August 04, 2003 - 03:02 pm:   

I was going to announce it now, but you beat me to it!

Glad you all liked it, it's one of my favourites too. Kudos to Andrew Hedgecock and Richard Calder for the fantastic piece.

All best,
Luís

PS: Direct URL is http://www.fantasticmetropolis.com/show.html?iw.calder

Richard Calder
Posted on Tuesday, August 05, 2003 - 04:38 am:   

Jeff, Rich, Luís --

Thanks!

Yes, I was pleased with the way the interview went -- Andy Hedgecock asked, I thought, some very interesting and intelligent questions. It was a pleasure to respond.

Richard

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register