The Tribes of the Perverse Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » Calder, Richard » The Tribes of the Perverse « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jason
Posted on Sunday, June 27, 2004 - 11:35 pm:   

A list I made up because I have too much time on my hands lol.

Catgirls and Wolves
Their reproductive cycle is identical to the Lilim and Elohim in the Dead Girls universe. A Cat infects the blood of a human man then when he impregnates a human woman their child becomes a cat or wolf at puberty. The function of the wolves is to keep the population of cats down so that humans aren’t driven to extinction. Cats have a relatively short lifespan, wolves have a very long lifespan. They were described as closest to what the perverse had been in the other universe.

Sharkmen and Mermaids(fishgirls)
Mermaids need blood from human men to gestate their eggs. Perhaps similar to mosquitoes. In Frenzetta it says sharkmen are always trying to gain the attention of mermaids but it’s the sailors they get the blood from that they really love. It never says the two species are related but kind of implies it.

Insectmen and Spiderswomen
Spiderwomen catch insect men in their webs, mate with them and then eat them. They then lay egg sacks and both types are hatched from these eggs. Insectmen fly away immediately after hatching.

Rats
Rats have a very high ratio of females to males. The female dies at orgasm and her body incubates her young until they burrow their way out. It’s said in Malignos that most Malignos are descended from rats.

Dragonmen
Dragonmen are a sort of “genetic wizards” that probably first gave the tribes of the perverse their new bodies. They reproduce only by genetic engineering. They create zombies from the bodies of the dead and presumably create other dragonmen.

Swangirls
Mentioned in Lord Soho.

Bearmen
Mentioned in Lord Soho.

Foxgirls
Mentioned in Lord Soho. Described as “down and dirty.”

Bird
Only one is mentioned in Frenzetta. She was some sort of priestess.

Roachgirls
Born of random mutations in humans and usually abandoned in sewers. Not considered a true tribe by the others. Some Roachgirls appeared as late as the 56th century, long after the other tribes were gone, though they didn’t share any of the physical mutations of previous generations.

Richard Calder
Posted on Monday, June 28, 2004 - 02:49 am:   

Jason --

Good lord. Now that I've given up counting my grey hairs (and in the knowledge that memory lapses can't be too far behind) it's comforting to know that I have an Encyclopediast at hand whenever I forget the details of what I've put down on paper ...

Actually, the 'Encyclopediasts' sound like one more tribe of the perverse ...

Jason
Posted on Wednesday, August 04, 2004 - 10:53 pm:   

Richard has assigned me to one of the tribes. :D I'm honored.

Richard Calder
Posted on Thursday, August 05, 2004 - 02:40 am:   

Jason --

I was waiting for someone to say: 'Actually, Calder, it's "Encyclopedists".'

But, of course, 'Encyclopediasts' sounds far more perverse ...

That's my excuse. And I'm sticking with it.

Jason
Posted on Friday, August 06, 2004 - 03:29 pm:   

Ah, I thought it was a British spelling. You could use that one on Americans too.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register