HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

Thank you!

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » Harrison, M. John » Thank you! « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Radu Eugen Romaniuc
Posted on Tuesday, August 07, 2007 - 03:32 am:   

I bought a copy of Viriconium a few months ago and it was the best buy of the century. So far, anyway.
I always read alot, I have no idea why but I read extremly quickly ("Stardust" by N. Gaiman = 2 hours), but I never came across a book that I can say it's my all-time favourite. When I was seventeen years old or so I found an old copy of Peter Beagle's "Last Unicorn" and that book gave me a feeling very hard to describe (when english is not your main language, at least), a joy and pleasure that I associate with childhood.
Years after I thought it was the age and that this great feeling of awe was lost.
Then I read Viriconium and I got it back!
Thank you so much, mr. Harrison, a thousand thanks.
Now my wife is reading it - my wife's forrays into fantastic literature are books like Bulgakov's "The Master and Margarita" or Kafka - and she is fascinated.
So...uh...thank you again.
I'm keeping the book close and use it as a comfortable friend, reading a few paragraphs from time to time to soothe my psyche.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register

| Moderators | Administrators |