The *NEW* www.mjohnharrison.com Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » Harrison, M. John » The *NEW* www.mjohnharrison.com « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

iotar
Posted on Sunday, July 24, 2005 - 09:18 am:   

New clean refit for Summer 2005 on the MJH site, at the usual venue:
http://www.mjohnharrison.com

Jason Erik Lundberg
Posted on Monday, July 25, 2005 - 09:51 am:   

I like the new look, though I liked the old look as well. Very glad to see that Bantam will be reprinting Viriconium this year; I bought the Gollancz Fantasy Masterworks edition at a Singaporean used books sale a few years ago, and was blown away with how good it was. It's a good thing that others here in the US will soon be able to enjoy it as well.

MJH
Posted on Friday, August 05, 2005 - 04:26 am:   

Hi Jason. It's an impressively Viriconium thing to pick up a copy of Viriconium at a used book sale in Singapore. Ideally it should be inscribed "to dear Anais from Larrie", some time before the first novel was written, over the quote, "...down the alley, back from hell, when you hear that steeple bell, you must say goodbye to me"; or similar. One thing, if its condition resembles in any way that of the book in "The Gift", try to pass it on. It may not be too late.

Dan S
Posted on Wednesday, October 05, 2005 - 02:57 am:   

I once picked up a copy of Viriconium from a second-hand bookshop at the Bull Ring, Birmingham, before it was demolished. It was the edition with the Barley Brothers on the cover, somehow looked very appropriate for the Bull Ring. No inscription though (unless it had faded away over the centuries).

Darja Malcolm-Clarke
Posted on Monday, October 31, 2005 - 06:41 pm:   

Hi Mike,
There was a discussion of the New Weird on the TTA boards more than a year (two years?) ago which have since been removed. I seem to remember hearing that you had archived these on your website. I can't seem to find them, so I think I might be misremembering. Still, I thought I'd ask if you have those threads tucked away on your site somewhere. Thanks much for the info!

Incidentally, I'm quite looking forward to reading _Light_ again next week, for a study I'm doing in radical fantasy.

JV
Posted on Monday, October 31, 2005 - 07:33 pm:   

I think Matt Cheney archived that (*shudder*) discussion.

JeffV

MJH
Posted on Tuesday, November 01, 2005 - 04:11 am:   

China Mieville too. But not me, Darja. What's your study going to be called ? "A Loud but Essentially Meaningless Clash of Agendas" ?

Darja
Posted on Tuesday, November 01, 2005 - 09:46 pm:   

Thanks Jeff; found them.

Mike--hee! That's kinda snazzy, I might have to use it.

Actually, I'm curious about the conversation that went on for its own sake. For my study, I'm looking at a spectrum of texts that do some kind of subversive cultural work, older and newer.

Contention, ahoy!

MJH
Posted on Wednesday, November 02, 2005 - 01:49 am:   

Hi Darja. Now that's a proper act of naming. Next time I get "What kind of thing do you write ?" I'll give them, "Oh, a spectrum of texts that do subversive cultural work." It's long to say, but it makes you feel almost as significant as someone in performance art.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register