Yellowthread Street Mysteries Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » Harrison, M. John » Yellowthread Street Mysteries « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

MJH
Posted on Tuesday, November 30, 2004 - 07:30 am:   

Anyone know the current publishing status of these ?

Ellen Datlow
Posted on Tuesday, November 30, 2004 - 08:42 am:   

Nope. But I read most, if not all of them. Have you checked to see if they're still in print and still coming out by looking on amazon?

GabrielM
Posted on Tuesday, November 30, 2004 - 06:57 pm:   

Last one I read was INCHES, and then there were two more, NIGHTMARE SYNDROME and TO THE END. Last one came out in the late 90s, I don't believe there's been any since then but I could be wrong. Certainly haven't seen any. The last few were coming out from Otto Penzler's Mysterious Press in NY.

Ellen Datlow
Posted on Tuesday, November 30, 2004 - 07:48 pm:   

Not Perfect End?

MJH
Posted on Wednesday, December 01, 2004 - 01:59 am:   

I suppose what I really meant was, Is anybody taking care of them ? Be a pity if they fell into disuse. But a brief Google reveals plenty of related web traffic & awareness. It was just one of those things where you wake up in anxiety in the morning & think, Whatever happened to so-and-so ?

GabrielM
Posted on Wednesday, December 01, 2004 - 09:48 am:   

Hi Ellen. I believe PERFECT END and TO THE END are two different titles in the series.

Unfortunately, I don't think any of them are in print (at least in the US), except possibly the last one. Might be an interesting project for a small publisher to bring back. When I was in London recently I saw that three of Kyril Bonfiglioli's farce/crime novels had been reprinted in an omnibus paperback. Would be nice to do something similar with Marshall, those books were pretty unique.

MJH
Posted on Wednesday, December 01, 2004 - 10:07 am:   

Lively, bizarre stuff.

Ellen Datlow
Posted on Wednesday, December 01, 2004 - 03:50 pm:   

I've read them all since the very first, although I might have missed the last couple.

Yes, someone should reissue them --a series of three per OMNIBUS would be good.

MJH
Posted on Friday, December 03, 2004 - 03:18 am:   

Good idea. I read someone else's collection, across about three weeks, in the mid-90s. I'd like to read some of them again, but I hate buying second hand books. Maybe we could persuade Jason...

GabrielM
Posted on Friday, March 17, 2006 - 02:48 pm:   

Turns out Felony & Mayhem, the new mystery publisher, is planning to reissue the first in the series.

And thanks to Anonymous for keeping this thread alive!

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register