Pip and the Fairies Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration
Night Shade Message Boards » Goss, Theodora » Pip and the Fairies « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Susan Moore
Posted on Wednesday, November 02, 2005 - 02:05 pm:   

Hello Theodora,
I just wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed doing the illustration for "Pip". The story seemed very close to my heart since, coincidentally, I was a struggling single mom who wrote children's stories ( along with my artwork)and my daughter is an actor!
My web site is http://imagineart.wetcanvas.com ,
if you would care to take a look at my fantasy gallery.
Cheers,
Susan Moore

ps, I know what you mean about the spam. I am considering a discussion board myself. I am trying an opt-in mailing list first to see how that works!

Theodora Goss
Posted on Friday, December 02, 2005 - 10:34 pm:   

Dear Susan,

Actually, I looked at your gallery shortly after the story went up! Thank you so much for linking to it, and I'm so sorry that it's taken me a month (which is shocking, but I seem to be caught in some sort of Einsteinian loop of relative time, where time passes with startling speed) to respond to your message.

So, have you thought about making the Pip illustration available as a print? If so, I would be the first in line to buy a copy! It's a lovely, lovely illustration. :-)

ImagineArt
Posted on Thursday, December 15, 2005 - 11:14 am:   

Thanks so much Theodora,
Yes, I can make a print for you. I am able to go as large as 12 x 18 and any size under that.
Send me an email at imagineart1@sympatico.ca and I can send you my price list of various sizes, with or without mats and as giclee or paper print.

( I am in the Eintsteinian loop too.)
Quote from Edgar Cayce " There is no time! We are!" ?????????

Theodora Goss
Posted on Thursday, December 15, 2005 - 11:05 pm:   

Dear Susan,

Oh no! I answered your message, I really did, and now I don't know where my answer went. Did I press the wrong button? (Insert cry of despair here. Really. Losing messages at two in the morning merits a cry of despair. Although I can't really, of course, not vocally, since everyone else is asleep. So this is a virtual cry of despair.) To the best of my knowledge, it was a brilliant email, although I can't remember what I actually wrote. Something about time leaking out of the universe, and how I should write a story about that, but I don't have the time. Except it was funny, I swear. Really. I think.

But I do know I wrote Hooray! about the print, and that I'll get in touch in the next few days. :-)

Best,
Dora

(Time. It's just not my friend, nowadays.)

ImagineArt
Posted on Friday, December 16, 2005 - 09:37 am:   

Looking forward to your email whenever you find it.
Sounds like the start of a good story. I get that all the time too. When emailing my mom she inevitably replys with " you should write a story about that" or "that sounded like the beginning of a story!" and when I am trying to explain things in a conversation my husband always quips "And now to make a short story long!!!"
As for email sending, I think I have thousands of sent emails that are in a black hole somewhere in another universe, never to arrive at their intended destinations.

ImagineArt
Posted on Friday, December 16, 2005 - 01:50 pm:   

Oh, by the way, as I was looking at your web site I noticed one picture of you seemed very familiar to me. It occurred to me later that it was a picture of my daughter from her web site. This is the one that it reminded me of
http://carmenmoore.com/bio.html

Happy Holidays,
Susan

Theodora Goss
Posted on Friday, December 30, 2005 - 10:49 pm:   

Great picture! :-)

Beth Adele Long
Posted on Friday, January 13, 2006 - 03:13 pm:   

Dora - I have that Pip story ready for your approval for the next issue of TFC; I tried emailing you but it keeps bouncing back. Could you drop me a line, when you have a chance, at bethadele at sff dot net, maybe from another email account (if you have one)? Thanks!

Theodora Goss
Posted on Saturday, February 04, 2006 - 11:18 pm:   

Beth:

Arg, so sorry, just saw this message. Yes, I'll email. Sorry, I don't have another account. I wonder what could be wrong with it?

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration