Tanjen Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » Lebbon, Tim » Tanjen « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Neal
Posted on Saturday, March 22, 2003 - 04:53 am:   

And hello to you too! Whatever happened to Anthony Barker? I was at a party a couple of nights back and a guy was talking about how he wants to get hold of all the Tanjen books to collect them. Shame such enthusiasm didn't come earlier for that company!
cheers.

Rhys
Posted on Saturday, March 22, 2003 - 05:00 am:   

Neal: I guess that Anthony just got fed up with the whole publishing business, and maybe even fed up with the writing world in general. That's the feeling I got from him just before Tanjen collapsed, though it may have been my imagination.

Meeting you in Leicester was cool. Do you remember? How many members of the public came to that reading? Was it less than one? Yes I think it was! How we laughed! :-)

The Tanjen books may become incredibly collectable and expensive -- depending on how famous the authors who wrote them become.

About the whole Tanjen thing, the person I feel most sorry for was Ceri Jordan, because her book was on the verge of being published when the company failed. That must have been extremely frustrating!

Neal
Posted on Monday, March 24, 2003 - 04:23 am:   

Frustrating all round (Three different companies were going to publish Gridlinked before Macmillan got hold of it -- including Tanjen). A shame For Anthony and for publishing in general.

Yes, I do remember that reading. I was the first one up. I was absolutely terrified. If anything I get in even more of a state now. Wonderful fun.

Tim
Posted on Wednesday, April 02, 2003 - 12:10 pm:   

Anthony had the plug pulled on him by a new, not so sympathetic bank manager. I haven't spoken to him in a couple of years, which is a shame. I really think Tanjen were going places.

Rhys
Posted on Thursday, April 03, 2003 - 06:56 am:   

"Tanjen were going places"?

Yes, but hell, damnation and nowhere are not places that anyone in their right minds would want to go!!!!!!

Actually I'm deeply indebted to Tanjen. They published my second and third books. Tanjen (together with Tartarus) gave me my "break" in many ways...

Tim
Posted on Thursday, April 03, 2003 - 01:41 pm:   

Likewise ... if they hadn't published MESMER, which Simon Clark so very kindly blurbed, Don D'Auria from Leisure may not have picked it up, liked it, and I may not have written THE NATURE OF BALANCE as my second Tanjen book which, after they went through, Leisure published because Don liked my work after reading MESMER because he'd seen that Simon had blurbed it!!!

Believe me, that all makes sense after five pints.

Jeremy Lassen
Posted on Friday, April 04, 2003 - 09:46 am:   

Yeah, but Night Shade would have still bought Face, and made you the multi-millionaire that you are now.
:-)

Keep pounding away Tim, It'll happen before too long. I mean really... since you have actually EXPIRENCED TERROR, I expect the quality of your work to get better. Its been good in the past, but hasn't had that "I've seen the face of a demon, and now I'm here to tell you about it" kind of edge.

:-)

Yours in demon seeing.

-jl

Tim
Posted on Friday, April 04, 2003 - 11:24 am:   

I'd almost put that behind me ... and now you have to remind me again!

Night Shade Books
Posted on Friday, April 04, 2003 - 11:31 am:   

Being a deep sleeper has it's advantages.

Jason
(who didn't happen to see the demon, or the naked face of terror)

Rhys
Posted on Saturday, April 05, 2003 - 04:47 am:   

Personally, I'd rather "expirence" terror than "experience" it!

Just a personal thing, I guess!

rickenharp
Posted on Saturday, April 05, 2003 - 08:33 pm:   

Jason,

a different experience of terror...

one word endlessly repeated:

arm

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register