FACE optioned Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » Lebbon, Tim » FACE optioned « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Tim
Posted on Tuesday, March 04, 2003 - 02:26 pm:   

I'm stunned - and thrilled - to announce that the BBC has just optioned my Night Shade novel, FACE.

I need beer.

Jack Haringa
Posted on Tuesday, March 04, 2003 - 02:32 pm:   

Congratulations, Tim! I've already told you how much I liked this book, so I'm not terribly suprised someone in TV/film recognized a tense thriller when they saw it. Actually, looking at the current movie listings, I rescind that statement. Still, well-deserved! Now, any thoughts on casting? Who would you like to see as Brand in particular?

~Jack~

Forrest
Posted on Tuesday, March 04, 2003 - 02:55 pm:   

Wow! That's great, Tim, congrats! So are you going to request that Lemmy get a role?

Forrest

Des
Posted on Tuesday, March 04, 2003 - 10:40 pm:   

Tim, my most sincere and excited congratulations. Always simply knew it would happen. Des

Jay C
Posted on Wednesday, March 05, 2003 - 03:50 am:   

Very nice, Mr. Lebbon. Very nice indeed.

Pic
Posted on Wednesday, March 05, 2003 - 09:54 pm:   

Great news, Tim! FACE would make a wonderful BBC piece--then again, all of your work would.

Just saw the Leisure cover of FACE as well and really enjoyed what they came up with. Excellent all around.

Tim
Posted on Wednesday, March 05, 2003 - 11:32 pm:   

Thanks Gents. Jack, in an ideal world Dan would be Kevin Spacey ... but I doubt that'll happen. I do like Sean Pertwee (Dog Soldiers) - I think he'd make a good Brand. We'll have to wait and see.

And Pic, yes, Leisure's cover is very nice isn't it? Their covers are getting better & better.

Tim
Posted on Sunday, June 15, 2003 - 11:10 pm:   

Update on the FACE option: I met with the producer form the BBC at the Hay on Wye Literature Festival recently. They're currently trying to get a professional scriptwriter attached, and she's hoping that will happen over the next few weeks. She did seem very keen on the project, and came up with a couple of great ideas that would make it more film-friendly.

So I still have my fingers crossed! Any more news I'll post here as and when I know.

The problem with meeting at Hay on Wye, of course, is that I went on to spend a fortune on books. (for those who don't know, it's a little town in Wales with about 34 bookshops ....)

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register