War at home... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration
Night Shade Message Boards » War » War at home... « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jeremy Lassen
Posted on Wednesday, April 16, 2003 - 12:22 pm:   

In a different thread, Jeff V. noted that he was going to be spending his time fighting against the Patriot 2 legislation, rather than protesting the war.

He has a point. Our democracy is under siege.

Below is the story of 1 U.S. Citizens with no criminal record, and no ties to terrorism who is being held without chargers. He is one of many.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/opinion/134676059_mckay16.html

Please call your congressmen, and demand that a congressional investigation be started, looking into abuses of the "Material Witness" statutes by the justice department.

Tell them to oppose recent calls to do away with the "patriot act sunshine provisions". These provisions were added to allow the most draconian parts of the bill to expire in 2005.

Tell them to oppose ANY new "Patriot II act'.

This isn’t about Republican or Democrat, liberal or conservative. This is about basic freedoms, and the constitution. I was raised to believe that, as an American, I would never have to worry about my government secretly detaining American citizens without charges… I was raised to belive that the Japanese Interments, and the McCarthy Red Scare was something to be ashamed of, not emulated.

Contact info for all senators can be found at:
http://capwiz.com/nyt/dbq/officials/directory/directory.dbq?command=congdir

Jeremy Lassen
Posted on Tuesday, April 29, 2003 - 12:20 pm:   

http://www.alternet.org/story.html?StoryID=15770

More first hand accounts of the kinds of detentions that are now "legal" under the patriot act.

-jl

Bad Boys Bad Boys
Posted on Saturday, February 11, 2006 - 03:30 pm:   

The Secret Police really do exist. They are off duty cops that live in your community and they work miles away from their homes. However they will run background checks on you and your neighbors and they are always the first ones to call the local cops on you for any reason. It sounds a lot like how Russia and China use to be.

Their kids think that they can mess with people in your neighborhood and get away with it just because their daddys a cop. You'll hear crap like "My dads going to put you away or you can't do anything to me because my dads a cop"

I had a neighbor/cop tell me once that he could have me arrested and put in jail just for the hell of it! "Just for the hell of it!" I use to have total respect for policemen but everyone that I have ever met so far is dishonest and makes you feel like they are above the law.

Please post your comments so others can see that I'm not alone on this one. And cops please don't post to say that we're not all like that because the majority of you are and you know it. As a matter of fact if you had any balls you would admit that at least one or more times in your career you have put yourself above the law. You have taken someone down out of anger just to show them. I remember when there was a popular saying "To serve and protect" Yea, todays cops are more like "Serve us and protect yourself" (From us!)

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration