More BS Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration
Night Shade Message Boards » War » More BS « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

JV
Posted on Tuesday, August 23, 2005 - 08:26 am:   

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9047102/

Unbelievable. Well, totally believable but insane.

We don't believe in democracy unless the democracy in question parrots our own views. What a load of crap. Venezuela is no threat to us.

JeffV

Richard Parks
Posted on Tuesday, August 23, 2005 - 09:43 am:   

If an American Muslim cleric had said something like this, the FBI would have been on his doorstep within the hour.

mastadge
Posted on Tuesday, August 23, 2005 - 03:16 pm:   

How about a few Robertson quotes to go along with this, just in case you couldn't tell he was full of shit already:

Just like what Nazi Germany did to the Jews, so liberal America is now doing to the evangelical Christians. It's no different. It is the same thing. It is happening all over again. It is the Democratic Congress, the liberal-based media and the homosexuals who want to destroy the Christians. Wholesale abuse and discrimination and the worst bigotry directed toward any group in America today. More terrible than anything suffered by any minority in history.

How can there be peace when drunkards, drug dealers, communists, atheists, New Age worshipers of Satan, secular humanists, oppressive dictators, greedy money changers, revolutionary assassins, adulterers, and homosexuals are on top?

I think we ought to close Halloween down. Do you want your children to dress up as witches? The Druids used to dress up like this when they were doing human sacrifice... [Your children] are acting out Satanic rituals and participating in it, and don't even realize it.

I know this is painful for the ladies to hear, but if you get married, you have accepted the headship of a man, your husband. Christ is the head of the household and the husband is the head of the wife, and that's the way it is, period.

This is God's power and he sent this thing to warn us ... we needed a shock.
-- Pat Robertson, remarking on the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001, quoted by Robert E. Norlander in a dispatch of September 14, 2001

mastadge
Posted on Tuesday, August 23, 2005 - 03:18 pm:   

That said, it's debatable whether Chavez was truly elected in a democratic fashion, and he's hardly an exemplar of good leadership -- in fact, he's done some downright nasty stuff.

StephenB
Posted on Tuesday, August 23, 2005 - 05:58 pm:   

But you could say the exact same thing about George Bush. This has been the case with the majority of political leaders.

At least this shows that the fundamentalist Christians are no different than their Muslim cousins.

Forrest
Posted on Tuesday, August 23, 2005 - 06:54 pm:   

I love this:

stop Venezuela from becoming a “launching pad for communist influence and Muslim extremism”

. . . Uh, Pat . . . perhaps you forgot the whole impetus behind the Soviet/Afghan war? Idiot.

Luís
Posted on Wednesday, August 24, 2005 - 07:39 am:   

"Just like what Nazi Germany did to the Jews, so liberal America is now doing to the evangelical Christians. It's no different."

To hell with the nazis, American liberals will be addressing the Christian question like they did in Ancient Rome. I predict that, very soon, you'll be able to go to the Garden to see Christians being thrown to the lions.

Brendan
Posted on Wednesday, August 24, 2005 - 08:20 am:   

Personally, I like Chavez. He seems very cool to me.

Brendan
Posted on Wednesday, August 24, 2005 - 08:58 am:   

Personally, I like Chavez. He seems very cool to me.

:-)
Posted on Wednesday, August 24, 2005 - 09:43 am:   

He was my favorite of the Young Guns.
As Dirty Steve put it: "Navajo! Navajo!"

m
Posted on Wednesday, August 24, 2005 - 01:39 pm:   

Yeah. I hope children become the property of the state in the US, too.

Matt Hughes
Posted on Thursday, August 25, 2005 - 01:14 pm:   

Yeah. I hope children become the property of the state in the US, too.

You mean you want them to bring back the draft?

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration