Another Move Beneath Contempt by Bush Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration
Night Shade Message Boards » War » Another Move Beneath Contempt by Bush « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

JV
Posted on Friday, August 20, 2004 - 10:46 am:   

http://si.printthis.clickability.com/pt/cpt?action=cpt&title=SI.com+-+Writers+-+ Wahl%3A+Iraqi+soccer+players+upset+about+Bush+campaign+ads+using+team+-+Thursday +August+19%2C+2004+4%3A59PM&expire=-1&urlID=11378495&fb=Y&url=http%3A%2F%2Fsport sillustrated.cnn.com%2F2004%2Folympics%2F2004%2Fwriters%2F08%2F19%2Firaq%2Findex .html%3Fcnn%3Dyes&partnerID=2356

Mastadge
Posted on Friday, August 20, 2004 - 11:17 am:   

There's got to be a shorter way to link that.

JV
Posted on Friday, August 20, 2004 - 11:19 am:   

I'm sure. But I don't know how. Still, it's only one click away...

JV

Thomas R
Posted on Friday, August 20, 2004 - 01:27 pm:   

Iraqi soccer players angry with Bush

You put a comma after the end of the url then add whatever description want. Like \link {www.selenite.gov,Moon Government} I put spaces after "link", and a phony address, to demonstrate without linking to anything.

Otherwise I have no comment, but to agree it was boneheaded to use the Iraqi team without their knowledge or agreement.

Brendan
Posted on Saturday, August 21, 2004 - 12:22 am:   

Boneheaded?

Bush is a complete !"#@?%!!!

He is the world's largest terrorist. After all, he has killed far more people than Osama.

Matthew Rossi
Posted on Saturday, August 21, 2004 - 01:51 am:   

Speaking of Bush and boneheaded moves...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5771731/

The Bush campaign apparently got caught napping and left a paper trail linking themselves to the Swift Boat Veterans for Complete Fabrica... I mean, Truth.

There's also the case of the mysterious disappearing bullets, as Larry Thurlow might call them... the ones he swears didn't exist when Kerry earned a Bronze Star, yet which he accepted his OWN Bronze Star for at the same firefight. Details at http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20040819/ap_on_el_pr/kerry_war _critic&cid=694&ncid=716

Huzzah for politics.

Thomas R
Posted on Saturday, August 21, 2004 - 03:24 am:   

He is the world's largest terrorist.

Thomas R: Silly me I'd have sworn that was President Lieutenant General Umar Hussan Ahmad al-BASHIR of Sudan who's ruled the place from 1993 to now. Bush preside over 11 years of brutal ethnic cleansing that likely enslaved thousands, and killed maybe like a million?

Anyway I only posted to show how to do the links things. I've no intention of bothering you again.

Brendan
Posted on Saturday, August 21, 2004 - 07:36 am:   

Yeah right Thomas, you love to stick your nose in here. It obviously gives you some kind of masochistic thrill.

Bush presided over years of murder in Texas by sending people to the gas chamber, lethal injection or whatever, and is on his forth as dictator here. Has he killed millions? Hell, I dont know as I am not counting, but certainly many many many thousands including thousandsd of his own citizens while he cowers away in bunkers and behind that sneary greased-up smile of his.

I am so sick of seeing the news every day of murders and deaths and other stupidities. People who vote for Bush are the very same sort who would have joined the Nazi party in its infancy.

You can lie to yourself all you want to make yourself feel better about supporting The Regime, but when you make your lies public dont expect any sympathy.

Thomas R
Posted on Saturday, August 21, 2004 - 03:34 pm:   

I'd like to say I haven't posted here for a month and that was just to post about the Sudanese war. I don't think I've posted on US policy issues since April. I only posted here to give a formatting link. That was wrong of me as this place has a formatting page. Nothing else I said on this thread was a "lie", unless one wishes to absurdly argue General Bashir is better than Bush, but it was unnecessary. The hatred of me here is so intense and out of proportion nothing I say will be useful or met with anything but contempt. So you're right even a simple demonstration of how to do links is maybe masochistic on my part. Hopefully I'll avoid that, and most of all you Brendan, for the foreseeible future.

Brendan
Posted on Saturday, August 21, 2004 - 11:26 pm:   

Thomas, no one has been posting here for months.

As far as hating you goes - well, I don't think anyone here hates you - certainly not me as I dont even know you.

I am simply disgusted by the policies you support.

The fact that one can even discuss who is a bigger bastard, the president of the US, Osama or Bashir shows in itself just how bad Bush is.

Thomas R
Posted on Saturday, August 21, 2004 - 11:44 pm:   

Okay. Truth be told several of the "policies I support" I never supported quite as strongly as I made it sound. I just always felt this place gets too cozy as anti-war, anti-Bush, anti-globalism, etc. Opposing voices are useful, I just came to regret I was ineffective as one.

Plus in a couple cases it's past tense, the policies I supported. I can't get behind Kerry, but I was considering voting third party this time or not voting.

Brendan
Posted on Sunday, August 22, 2004 - 04:06 am:   

Fair enough.

Steven Francis Murphy
Posted on Sunday, August 22, 2004 - 08:10 pm:   

Yawn.

you know who
Posted on Monday, August 23, 2004 - 09:13 am:   

<cough>troll<cough>

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration