Conspiracy Theory Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration
Night Shade Message Boards » War » Conspiracy Theory « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Brendan
Posted on Wednesday, May 12, 2004 - 12:08 pm:   

I have this strange feeling that the Berg tragedy was staged by the C.I.A.

It might sound paranoid, but the timing is suspicious, as well as what we know about Berg before his death. He was after all suposedly in Coalition custody. And then the fact that Al Queda claims responsibility.

It is a horrible theory, but something just does not seem right about it.

Of course, maybe I am just nuts.

I feel Bush will do basically anything to cling to office.

Lucius
Posted on Wednesday, May 12, 2004 - 02:10 pm:   

It's a real possibility that Berg was handed over to someone unfriendly. Berg's father's name is on a political enemies list that was published online at one of the mainstream Republican sites:

freerepublic.com

Apparently he's been suing the government. In NYC, there's a big conspiracy theory about this.

Wexler
Posted on Wednesday, May 12, 2004 - 02:33 pm:   

Funny thing. I couldn't sleep last night, got up, turned on CNN? Or maybe one of the others. Saw part of the video of Berg and the report, and it all sounded like a bunch of crap to me. The video looked like bad animation (which could be from a cheap camera with poor lighting I suppose). And the idea that he just hopped on a plane to go to Iraq to look for work? Are people doing that? Seems like he would've applied for a job with a company here doing business there rather than go there.

I hate being a paranoid nut, but at least I have Brendan and Lucius for company.

Robert

Steven Francis Murphy
Posted on Wednesday, May 12, 2004 - 03:22 pm:   

After what has happened in the last three weeks, even I'm willing to buy it.

S. F. Murphy
http://sfmurphy.journalspace.com

Brendan
Posted on Thursday, May 13, 2004 - 04:08 am:   

Yes - now the Pentagon can say that they won't release the other photos because they "embolden" the terrorists or some such nonsense.

One thing that struck me was that the video came out over a web sight when all other al-Qaeda videos have been delivered to Arab TV stations such as al-Jazeara.

As Robert pointed out the video is also weird. The lighting is bizarre. Also, he is wearing a jumpsuit that appears to be the same type used at Guatanamo. I have not seen any photos of Iraqis wearing those neon-orange jumpsuits.

barth
Posted on Thursday, May 13, 2004 - 05:45 am:   

it's weird all right. there's also the matter of the army detaining berg unlawfully in iraq, and his family suing the US to have him released last month. 3 days later, he coincidentally goes missing and a month later, he turns up in this video.

here's a good overview of the weirdness:

http://www.nonviolence.org/index.php

Brendan
Posted on Thursday, May 13, 2004 - 06:25 am:   

Yes, I looked for the original web site the video supposedly was from and could not find it. I also saw an AP report that said the Iraqi chief of police in Mosul categorically denied that Berg had ever been in their custody.

Brendan
Posted on Thursday, May 13, 2004 - 06:40 am:   

It seems the video ran on www.Qal'a.net - but the site seems to be dead.

Steven Francis Murphy
Posted on Thursday, May 13, 2004 - 07:10 am:   

I was initially for releasing all the pictures, but now I'm wondering not so much for our own good, but for those who had the photos taken of them, if it wouldn't be better to keep them under wraps?

Sure, use the photos to ID the victims and see what can be done to at least alleivate some of the pain (nothing we do can come close, but we can try) and use them to ID participants for criminal action.

But if these photos are so psychologically and culturally devastating to the prisoners who are in them (which appears to be the main reason these pics were taken in the first place) then is there some reason to believe that a photo dump might actually cause more harm than good to the victims?

It will definitely cause harm to American soldiers, but my concern goes a further than that.

As for the Berg thing, it does seem weird that he would simply go to Iraq under his own power, without already having a job lined up.

S. F. Murphy
http://sfmurphy.journalspace.com

Brendan
Posted on Thursday, May 13, 2004 - 07:55 am:   

I don't think it would harm the Iraqis. I think these things need to be known. In any case, I feel quite sure that the Bush administration is not releasing them for reasons other than harming the Iraqis.

Here is an interesting link regarding the topic of this thread:

http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exeres/4FFA61A3-9C33-4597-A8D9-8079E91F2784.htm

Brendan
Posted on Thursday, May 13, 2004 - 07:56 am:   

This is from the above article. The point about the face being covered also struck me:

Some bloggers focused on the accent of the purported executioner. Many deny the accent is either Iraqi or Jordanian - while claims the voice is Egyptian or Iranian have been made.

The Jordanian accused of the beheading Berg is himself believed to have been killed in March, according to two Islamist groups.

An eight-page leaflet circulated this week in Falluja, Abu Musab al-Zarqawi was killed in the Sulaimaniya mountains of northern Iraq during a US bombing.

But even if it was the Jordanian, one discussion room member observes his face is so well-known that "why would he bother to cover it?"

Brendan
Posted on Thursday, May 13, 2004 - 11:07 pm:   

This makes things seem even stranger:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/afp/20040514/wl_mideast_afp/us_ir aq_execution&cid=1514&ncid=1480

Jorge
Posted on Friday, May 14, 2004 - 11:42 am:   

Well, this ain't no conspiracy theory. A real conspiracy theory would say that Al Qaeda and the CIA are the same thing.

Hum...

Brendan
Posted on Friday, May 14, 2004 - 11:46 am:   

hmmm.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration