Iranian elections Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration
Night Shade Message Boards » War » Iranian elections « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Thomas R
Posted on Sunday, February 22, 2004 - 04:15 pm:   

Iran

The small female representation in the Majlis, seems to now be reduced to nothing. Hardliners disqualified many reformists and attempts to get them to change their ruling failed. On the positive side turnout was low for Iran and especially low in the capital.

Various reasons have been sided, from the slowness of reform to being unfairly put on the "Axis of Evil." Why it occurred and what it means to Iran I'll leave to all of you.

BTW: I am indeed quitting on Nightshades in general, not just Iraq/Afghanistan topics. The exception being F&SF's forum as I am a subscriber who still hopes someday to be a contributor. I'd like to apologize to anyone I hurt. Makes since for their to be fighting at a war topic, but still I hope this causes no future unpleasantness. I accept those for whom my actions were nevertheless unforgivable. Thank you for your time.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration