North Korea Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration
Night Shade Message Boards » War » North Korea « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

mark_samuels
Posted on Thursday, February 05, 2004 - 03:23 pm:   

http://www.freenorthkorea.net/archives/freenorthkorea/000961.html#more

The horror speaks for itself. Please help.

Please visit the website and register your opposition to the N. Korean regime. This is not a case of advocating a war against the country but of registering one's revulsion at an assault on humanity itself. It's not a political issue, simply one of being human.

Thanks for reading.
Mark Samuels

Thomas R
Posted on Thursday, February 05, 2004 - 03:33 pm:   

I read about that somewhere earlier, BBC I think, and it is appalling if true. I think Amnesty International said they can't confirm it, but revolting is indeed the word.

I might post a comment there or e-mail my Senator. I hope this international tribunal, if it happens, manages to accomplish something on the issue. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

mark samuels
Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2004 - 04:12 pm:   

Thomas R.

Thanks. I appreciate your interest and concern. I wish there were a way to spread the word on this terrible situation more widely. It can't just be ignored!

Mark

Thomas R
Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2004 - 05:42 pm:   

I e-mailed my Senator. I'm not sure it did any good. I don't think I managed to post anything at the place, but I might later. You're welcome BTW.

They're such a longstanding totalitarian regime though I admit I sometimes despair on them changing. They had their people eating grass and tree bark rather than open up during their "Long March." Did you ever see that thing PBS did on North Korea?

Thomas R
Posted on Thursday, April 22, 2004 - 08:21 pm:   

I hesitate posting this, but this is not political and very much not about me.

Anywas as this is a North Korea thread already I thought I'd put links here to some news sources on the North Korean train disaster.

Train Disaster

Reuterson the disaster.

BBC's coverage

Google News lists some more links.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration