Republican National Convention? Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration
Night Shade Message Boards » War » Republican National Convention? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jeremy Lassen
Posted on Tuesday, December 16, 2003 - 11:17 am:   

I have a question for everyone living in the New York area. What are your feelings on the upcoming Republican National (Sept. 11th) Convention that is going to happen next year in New York?

If the police force handles it anything like the Miami police handled the latest WTO meeting, I have a feeling that 2004 New York is going to make 1968 Chicago look like a picnic.

Anybody have any plans to take part in any organized protests? Feel fee to post anonymously if you fear your government might not look kindly on your plans to exercise your first amendment rights.

-JL

Will
Posted on Tuesday, December 16, 2003 - 12:30 pm:   

I plan to sneer at, and give pointedly incorrect directions to anyone wearing furs or cowboy boots.

Lucius
Posted on Wednesday, December 24, 2003 - 12:19 am:   

I'm going to part of a 10-Day newspaper in NYC whose daily issues will bracket the convention. It's being funded by some monied leftist businessmen (guess there are a few). I'll be writing the asshole-of-the-day feature. The pay's good and the work is God's work. :-)

R.Wilder
Posted on Wednesday, December 24, 2003 - 07:48 am:   

Sounds like hard work, picking just _one_ asshole-of-the-day at a political convention.

Lucius
Posted on Wednesday, December 24, 2003 - 01:15 pm:   

Yeah, maybe....but usually a real winner steps forward at some point during the day. And it's so much fun....

ellen
Posted on Wednesday, December 24, 2003 - 02:25 pm:   

I'm not happy about it. I'll probably ignore it as much as possible.

Josh Lukin
Posted on Wednesday, December 24, 2003 - 08:17 pm:   

My people don't have that option. "As Judaism teaches, you have to be worried about everything evil, all at once, all the time. That's what God expects of you." At least when future generations ask what you were doing during the _____, you can say, "I was very worried."

But I don't know if I'll still be close enough to the city to consider active involvement. A generally nonactivist friend, however, says "I think it's time to get arrested," and I have a sense that many share his sentiments. And I'm pretty frightened about how the mainstream press will cover such things --probably "a demonstration comprising seven America-haters turned violent today . . . "

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration