HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

Registering in order to post

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » Datlow, Ellen » Registering in order to post « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Ellen Datlow
Posted on Saturday, April 22, 2006 - 08:38 am:   

Ok. It took me a day after I returned to figure out that in order to register I had to go to "Getting Started." So for all you other dummies out there who want to post, just click on that icon at the top of the page and there are instructions.
See you back here soon, I hope.

AliceB
Posted on Saturday, April 22, 2006 - 07:22 pm:   

It's strange. Some potions of the board I can post without registering.

Alice

Ellen Datlow
Posted on Sunday, April 23, 2006 - 04:27 pm:   

If you've registered once you don't have to register again. I was unable to post on my own BB without registering.

Patrick Swenson
Posted on Saturday, April 29, 2006 - 07:48 pm:   

Well before I registered, I tried to post on my site, and it asked for the registration info and password. Then, on a whim, I went to Lucius' board, and it didn't ask for it. Huh. Then I went and registered, and yeah, now my username and password automatically appears when I start to add a message.

Ellen Datlow
Posted on Saturday, April 29, 2006 - 09:24 pm:   

It's a new system of fits and starts. :-) I hope we haven't lost everyone by having them register. It's so quiet here lately (sniff).

Mary Robinette Kowal
Posted on Sunday, April 30, 2006 - 05:18 am:   

I think a lot of people stopped dropping by during the spam craze. It'll pick back up.

Jeffrey Ford
Posted on Sunday, April 30, 2006 - 06:33 am:   

The registration thing isn't that difficult at all. I usually get in touch with folks through my blog, but I registered so I could come over here and talk to you and Marc and the others about books.

Ellen Datlow
Posted on Sunday, April 30, 2006 - 08:32 am:   

Mary I hope you're right.

Thank you, Jeff. :-)
I think I told you how eerie it was to have read the Martin Cruz Smith just before visiting Pripyat. I was in the places he mentioned.

I picked up Never Let me Go in the Paris airport because I ran out of reading material on the way home, but never got a chance to read it. I watch bad movies instead :-)

Vylar Kaftan
Posted on Monday, May 01, 2006 - 10:48 am:   

Probably there will be a lull right now, just after registration, and then more people will come back. That's my theory, anyway.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register

| Moderators | Administrators |