Your interview in IZ 203 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » Bishop, K.J. » Your interview in IZ 203 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Ellen Datlow
Posted on Monday, March 27, 2006 - 12:56 pm:   

Hi Kirsten,
You look just like Sigourney Weaver in the photo in the TOC of interzone. Niiiice. Haven't read the interview yet.

Kirsten Bishop
Posted on Monday, March 27, 2006 - 01:45 pm:   

It's cool, isn't it? Because it's a portrait shot, you can't see that I'm three feet shorter than Sigourney. It's by John Kaiine. (Hope they put in the copyright notice.)

When I was younger I looked like Carrie Fisher (when she was younger). I hold out hope that in years to come I'll start to look like Claudia Black. Or Katee Sackhoff. Either would be fine.

Sara
Posted on Tuesday, March 28, 2006 - 05:57 am:   

John Kaiine - isn't he Tanith Lee's hubby? You got to hang out with the elusive Queen of Prose.
Didn't know you were in the UK for any signings. Darn!

Ellen Datlow
Posted on Tuesday, March 28, 2006 - 08:01 am:   

I was going to say the same thing. You hung out with Tanith and John? I haven't seen Tanith in ages and don't believe I've ever met John.

Kirsten Bishop
Posted on Tuesday, March 28, 2006 - 02:13 pm:   

It was a couple of years ago. They were lovely. It was like spending a day with Titania and Oberon.

Sara - I was just there for a holiday and a conference and to see friends and relatives, not for signings. Might be back this year.

Kirsten Bishop
Posted on Friday, March 31, 2006 - 04:21 pm:   

Oh, wait, that one isn't by John Kaiine. I've just received my copy. I didn't realise they were going to use more than one photo. The one in the TOC is by Kate Eshelby from Pan Macmillan (Tor UK).

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register