KJ Bishop @ Fantastic Metropolis Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » Bishop, K.J. » KJ Bishop @ Fantastic Metropolis « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Luís Rodrigues
Posted on Friday, April 04, 2003 - 11:11 am:   

Hi all,

Fantastic Metropolis is running a KJ Bishop feature at the site. Don't miss the interview conducted by Mike Simanoff, and an exclusive excerpt from her brilliant The Etched City novel!

Best,
Luís

Vera Nazarian
Posted on Sunday, April 06, 2003 - 02:39 pm:   

Very interesting interview, KJ! Enjoyed it.

:-)

Vera

KJ Bishop
Posted on Monday, April 07, 2003 - 12:07 pm:   

Cheers, Vera! I hope all's going well with you and your writing.

Robert Devereux
Posted on Thursday, May 29, 2003 - 07:53 am:   

Nice interview. I've got a few more books to check out based on it. It seems whenever I read an interview or a review, I get more books added to my list of ones I want to read.

The first one I tried to find was Maldoror. Since I enjoyed Maldoror Abroad, I wanted to read Lautreamont's work. My library has 2 copies of a literary analysis of Maldoror, but the actual writing is non-circulating.

I'm often amazed at what my library has, and what they don't have available. It makes no sense to me.

-Robert

KJ Bishop
Posted on Thursday, May 29, 2003 - 02:51 pm:   

Maybe they had Maldoror and someone just 'forgot' to bring it back. It's the kind of book that, if you read it, you'd probably want to keep it.

Since I've been hanging out on this message board, my 'to read' pile has grown to a ridiculous size. I feel like I want to take a couple of months off just to sit down and read.

Robert Devereux
Posted on Thursday, May 29, 2003 - 05:17 pm:   

I've been tempted to take out books and forget to bring them back. The biggest temptation is Adventures in Unhistory by Avram Davidson. I haven't found a copy for sale for less than $800. But I don't want to deprive anybody else in Pittsburgh of the chance to read it.

My to read pile is too large. Not only do I have a huge list of things written by authors who contribute to this board, but I've also got lots of stuff they recommend. Jeff's list of best fantasy books is going to take too long to go through.

JeffV
Posted on Thursday, May 29, 2003 - 05:34 pm:   

It doesn't get any easier. I'm preparing another list of another 100 or so titles.

JeffV

Mastadge
Posted on Thursday, May 29, 2003 - 07:26 pm:   

I don't really have a list. I figure it'd be more depressing than practical. I just read what I want to read; there's always more there to choose from. Once in a while I go back and read something again, but I always have stuff on hand that I haven't read yet.

JeffV
Posted on Thursday, May 29, 2003 - 08:13 pm:   

Here are a couple new to my list

The Half-Life of Moustafa Ablikhan by Christani Amanpur

The City of Glass and Spite by Frederick Talman

Frappachino the Great by Buckwaldo Headtipper

KJ Bishop
Posted on Thursday, May 29, 2003 - 09:38 pm:   

Ok, just for a minute there, you had me. 'City of Glass and Spite?' I thought. 'Sounds cool!'

(I typed that first as City of Glass and Spit, which made me think of a bored barman building the equivalent of a house of cards, stacking up all the glasses, which he has cleaned with a rag and spit, into sunny domes and caves of ice... as for the Half-Life of Moustafa Ablikhan, the title made me think of how Persian rugs look like old video games... Buckwaldo Headtipper, hmmm... executioner and part-time confessor to the Coffee Royals, last seen setting off to sea in a parade float modified for sail... tra-la-la...)

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register