Caution: For Educational Purposes On... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration
Night Shade Message Boards » What, Leslie » Caution: For Educational Purposes Only (For Greg) « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

LeslieWhat
Posted on Tuesday, May 13, 2003 - 09:16 am:   

Since Greg thinks that I'm only posting highbrow info in this topic and leaving the whining and disgust for DM.net, I'll post some below the belt comments in his honor.

Here's a thing a lot of people don't know about and don't care about: there's a difference between expensive designer sanitary pads with wings and space age materials, and the off brands that go for a buck for a package of 20. The differences revolve around absorption issues and stain factors, fit and crumple factors, ease of application -- like whether the sticky tape that's spozed to anchor the things to your underwear does as it's told or manages to stick on everything but your underwear, sometimes resulting in unwanted pubic hair removal in public restrooms. Screaming in public bathrooms is never a good idea.

Anyway, a friend who is on a fixed income loaned me some of her cheap pads and my life was hell for ten hours until I could get home from my trip and back to my own expensive yuppie brand. There are so many embarrassing things about me that I'm already ashamed to admit. One more is that I'm a sanitary napkin snob.

Charlie Finlay
Posted on Tuesday, May 13, 2003 - 10:18 am:   

Leslie, that post is certain to raise some brows. Which makes it highbrow in a way.

But thanks for sharing the tips.

LeslieWhat
Posted on Tuesday, May 13, 2003 - 02:37 pm:   

Okay, Charlie

I can lower the brow as low as I need to if that makes my point.

---

Jell-O Shooters:
(good for Atkins diet--very low carb)

Ingredients: 1 package no sugar strawberry Jell-O, Hot water, cold water, Absolut Vodka.

Directions: Make Jell-O according to package directions but substitute 1 - 1 1/2 cups vodka for the cold water, according to taste. Makes 4 1/2 cup servings. Chill and take on the plane for a more enjoyable ride.

Gregory Feeley
Posted on Tuesday, May 13, 2003 - 05:11 pm:   

Who says upper-brow can't be below-the-belt?

I'm glad I guilt-tripped Leslie into posting that one.

Charlie Finlay
Posted on Tuesday, May 13, 2003 - 05:41 pm:   

I dunno, Leslie. I mean, look, the recipe specifies "Absolut Vodka." If that's not highbrow, it's certainly middle-brow with pretensions.

And then "take on the plane"? Real low-brow instructions would be to take it to the NASCAR track to put the kids to sleep after lunchtime.

I'm beginning to see Greg's point.

LeslieWhat
Posted on Tuesday, May 13, 2003 - 10:23 pm:   

Greg, don't you think goading is more highbrow than guilt-tripping?

Charlie, I guess I could try Jell-O with Stoli.

g
Posted on Wednesday, May 14, 2003 - 04:20 am:   

Next time I hear a scream from a Ladies' Room I will wonder if it's a case of catastrophic cheap napkin failure.

LeslieWhat
Posted on Wednesday, May 14, 2003 - 10:12 am:   

I wasn't the only one screaming in San Francisco. All around me were women screaming when the automatic flushers sprayed them with toilet water.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration