The Triplets of Belleville Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » What, Leslie » The Triplets of Belleville « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

LeslieWhat
Posted on Sunday, February 22, 2004 - 01:17 pm:   

Just opened in Eugene. It's great. See it.

Mike Kingsley
Posted on Thursday, February 26, 2004 - 09:37 am:   

It just left Memphis. Only lasted here two weeks, but those who saw it enjoyed it (I work part-time at Studio on the Square, the best gol'-dang motion pitcher theatre in these here parts, showing indie films and works by local filmmakers).

I always like movies that have a little something at the end of the credits. Those people who leave while the credits are rolling miss out on it. Only about 5 seconds long (if that), but good for a chuckle.

And I digged waiting outside the theater to listen to the theme song; good tune. I'm afraid it may lose in the Oscar race for Best Song to "Into the West" from LOTR:ROTK, but probably not by much.

LeslieWhat
Posted on Thursday, February 26, 2004 - 05:12 pm:   

I couldn't stop myself from going back to see Triplets again. It's been a long time where I was so delighted and amazed by any film.

Because I have a friend who is an editor, I always stay for the credits to see if he worked on the film. And plus, it seems rude to leave before.

This past Triplets viewing I was accompanied by a toddler who was rapt with attention and maintained his interest in the credits with the promis that there would be a treat in the end.

Great song, but I heard the kiss song from A Might Wind would win.

JF
Posted on Tuesday, March 23, 2004 - 09:27 am:   

Hi all,

I am a big fan of the Triplets and was looking for someone who could tell me what the equation at the bottom of the screen means in the opening credits?

I believe it's a differential equation but my higher math is a bit weak.

thanks for any help

MadameWhat
Posted on Tuesday, March 23, 2004 - 11:36 am:   

Einstein Feild Equations, so the story goes:

http://mathworld.wolfram.com/EinsteinFieldEquations.html

I always wanted to write an advise column. Anybody else got a question?

Trent
Posted on Tuesday, March 23, 2004 - 02:42 pm:   

Why are cows purple on Thursdays?

Ray Vukcevich
Posted on Sunday, March 28, 2004 - 10:27 pm:   

I see on Amazon that it goes to DVD on May 4.
:-)

LeslieWhat
Posted on Monday, March 29, 2004 - 08:21 am:   

Mother's Day present!

Now that I've seen Peter Pan, which seemed to come and go in these parts without any discussion, I may have to buy that.

It's so amazing. Better than the book. Better than the stage play. No need to say but better than the Disney animated version. Parts of the film are like the good parts of the Peter Pan ride at Disneyland.

About cows: Thursday coresponds to the planet Jupiter. I did find one URL designed to help children calculate how many cows will fit on Jupiter.

http://www.jamescampbell.info/experiment.html

What I know about cows is that when you see them lying down in the grass you can be assured that it is either raining, or is going to rain. I learned this when I lived on a farm after graduating from nursing school (it didn't last--one encounter with cleaning the chicken shed was enough).

Liz
Posted on Tuesday, April 06, 2004 - 01:15 am:   

They showed it here (UK) on Xmas Day. My entire family was enchanted. We particularly liked the frog-dynamiting episode.

ellen
Posted on Tuesday, April 06, 2004 - 09:22 am:   

I never have any interest in buying videos or dvds but I'm going to buy The Triplettes of Belleville DVD when it comes out. I loved it!

Ray Vukcevich
Posted on Tuesday, April 06, 2004 - 04:31 pm:   

Me too! There will be run on them. They'll have to go to a second pressing. :-)

ellen
Posted on Tuesday, April 06, 2004 - 08:31 pm:   

I just pre-ordered it from amazon, with a bunch of other stuff I wanted. Free shpping over $25.

I'm still awaiting publication of Dr. Ikkaku Ochi: Medical Photographs from Japan Around 1900 DAP which has been postponed twice already. I've even contacted the publisher. They think it'll be in in June.

Look here if you want to see what it's about:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/3908247713/103-3050057-9727825?%5F encoding=UTF8

LeslieWhat
Posted on Wednesday, April 07, 2004 - 11:52 am:   

Ellen, that books looks fascinating. I feel I've read about the collection.

Liz, yes, the frog scene--the umbrella--it's all so wonderful.

Peter Pan is the other one I need to buy.

If you're looking for something to make up the $25.00, you could pre-order Olympic Games. I'll also be at WisCon, the Nebulas, and doing signings in the Bay Area, Portland, Seattle, and San Diego over the summer.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/3908247713/102-8510426-1992112?%5F encoding=UTF8

ellen
Posted on Wednesday, April 07, 2004 - 05:48 pm:   

I've already bought a bunch of stuff to take it slightly over the $25 limit.

Whatever the url is above..it wouldn't load for me

LeslieWhat
Posted on Sunday, April 11, 2004 - 09:34 am:   

Oh. Will have to find the right one. Not to fixate or anything but I'm glad the unread galley copy sent to Don D at SF Chronicle got more than one bid on its ebay debut.

Trent
Posted on Monday, April 26, 2004 - 04:19 pm:   

Doh! I'm sorry, Leslie.

(I just realized: this is based on the story that originally appeared in Asimov's, no?) Okay, there. I just bought my copy.

In other news, I saw Triplets. I really loved that tune--catchy!

LeslieWhat
Posted on Tuesday, April 27, 2004 - 12:51 pm:   

It was a great tune, eh? Hard to believe a stupider one won the Oscar.

Trying to figure out if I can buy Triplets for my daughter's birthday, or if she'll figure out it's really just displaced want.

ellen
Posted on Tuesday, April 27, 2004 - 01:52 pm:   

Well, since she doesn't live with you any more why don't you buy one for her and one for you? :-)

Luís
Posted on Tuesday, April 27, 2004 - 04:48 pm:   

Loved TRIPLETS, I went to the theatre to watch it again a couple of weeks ago. And I agree completely about the Oscar: it should have gone to TRIPLETS, instead they awarded what I thought was the worst song of all five.

If you buy TRIPLETS, go for the special edition DVD, because it contains Chomet's first movie with a proto-Madame Souza.

Best,
Luís

LeslieWhat
Posted on Wednesday, April 28, 2004 - 08:51 am:   

I think the family ought to get it for me for Mother's Day instead of something decorative and ceramic. But if they don't, I should be getting money in RSN.

Bob K.
Posted on Monday, May 10, 2004 - 12:26 pm:   

I saw the buzz here and decided to check Triplets out, even though it didn't seem like my thing. It was great! I especially love the dog's deep issues with trains.

LeslieWhat
Posted on Monday, May 10, 2004 - 12:31 pm:   

I now own Triplets and have played the trailer and the music video on my computer. One simply cannot help but leap to the dance when that song is going round and round, like a train around the rim of a dog bowl.

This film makes me excited to be alive.

ellen
Posted on Monday, May 10, 2004 - 08:25 pm:   

Me too me too. Mine came the day before it was scheduled for release! I hope to watch it (again) this weekend.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register