HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

White Bear Speaks

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » ElectricStory » White Bear Speaks « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Lucius
Posted on Wednesday, November 10, 2004 - 01:21 pm:   

Now and then I am given to channeling the spirit voice of White Bear, a Kwaikiutl warror who lived seven centuries ago. Last night he came to me and offered the following:

"When the rabbit and the wolf flee together and the moon is low in the west, the great sky demon will visit America and the sun will shine at night. Then will the people of the west lament...."

By sheer coincidence I'd like to announce the publication of our new ebook, "How to Survive the Coming Nuclear Holocaust."

Bob K.
Posted on Wednesday, November 10, 2004 - 01:26 pm:   

You write it -- obviously you should be in charge of marketing as well -- and I'll sell it.

And don't post accusing me of posting under your byline to try to ride the coattails of your fame...

The One True Lucius
Posted on Wednesday, November 10, 2004 - 01:28 pm:   

Bob, I wish you'd quit making posts under my name to boost your visibility. I take extreme umbrage at being used in your cheap publicity stunts aimed at increasing the profile of Electric Story.

Bob K.
Posted on Wednesday, November 10, 2004 - 01:30 pm:   

You do me too much credit. You are as inimitable as you are incorrigible.

OTL
Posted on Wednesday, November 10, 2004 - 01:39 pm:   

I've seen you, Bob, when you've been possessed by White Bear. I've seen the strings of drool hanging from your chin, I've heard the hoarse bass voice issuing from your teensy chest, I've detected the half-chewed residue of k'nick k'nick upon your lips. I know the extent of your desperation and dementia. Don't dissemble, booby. Preach your vision unashamedly. We need your wisdom.

But use my name again and I'll bury you in litigation!

Bob K.
Posted on Wednesday, November 10, 2004 - 02:17 pm:   

To which name do you refer -- "Lucius," or the long one lacking vowels that necromancers use to summon you from the Abyss? Hey, if you want to lay such classic stuff at my feet as "How to Survive the Coming Nuclear Holocaust," I'll take it. Sounds like a theme anthology to me.

Lucius
Posted on Wednesday, November 10, 2004 - 02:36 pm:   

Philistine!

Jasmine T.
Posted on Wednesday, November 10, 2004 - 05:45 pm:   

Look, I read this board often enough to know that you "fantasy" writers think any culture other than the dominant white culture is oh, so hyuk, yuk, funny and exists only as fodder for your sophomoric humor, but those of us who devote our lives to finding enlightenment from the warriors and warrior-maidens who came before are not amused.

I mean that tired nonsense about drooling and k'nick k'nick...surely you can do better.

Maybe if you got out of your comfy little writer-condos and spent a few days fasting in the wilderness you'd have a little more respect. Or maybe you'd just end up weeping and crying for your mothers.

White elk
Posted on Wednesday, November 10, 2004 - 05:54 pm:   

White elk say, Don't get panties in a bunch, Jasmine baby...or if you do, I'm good at knots.

Larraine
Posted on Wednesday, November 10, 2004 - 05:58 pm:   

Jasmine T raises a good point. Too often we find the icons of other cultures offer a potential of risibility to the narrow-minded. Mr. Elk.is obviously a chauvinist of the first water. If only Thomas R were around to soothe us with his voice of reason.

Lucius
Posted on Wednesday, November 10, 2004 - 06:02 pm:   

Are you people crazy! This is fucking Kruger trying to hump his ebook on the nuclear holocaust. My god, get over yourselves.

Jasmine T.
Posted on Wednesday, November 10, 2004 - 06:02 pm:   

Oh, look, The Patriarch Speaks, let's all fall into hushed, reverent silence. Yeah, panties, good one. Very creative.

My morning tea leaves said I would run into one who blustered like the wind...

W.E.
Posted on Wednesday, November 10, 2004 - 06:06 pm:   

That would be me. White Elk. Of course when you went face down into your teacup, you may have fallen down the rabbithole and been chase by the Queen of Hearts, so any reading may be invalid.

Jasmine T.
Posted on Wednesday, November 10, 2004 - 06:07 pm:   

Oh, and Lucius, I just don't think the nuclear holocaust is that funny, although I did like that story you wrote about the lady with the clay.

Larraine
Posted on Wednesday, November 10, 2004 - 06:10 pm:   

Listen, you native-american bashing acoholic, they can home in on your isp no matter what fake name you use! You best get your troll ass up on out of here.

Lucius
Posted on Wednesday, November 10, 2004 - 06:11 pm:   

What's not funny about the NC. And what story are you talking about?

Jasmine T.
Posted on Wednesday, November 10, 2004 - 06:12 pm:   

Larraine, I don't think it does any good to call them names, even if they deserve it. I plan to light an extra candle and recite a special lyric of forgiveness in service of their need for enlightenment.

I don't expect it to help much though.

Jasmine T.
Posted on Wednesday, November 10, 2004 - 06:16 pm:   

Oh, sorry, Lucius, I was responding to Larraine...you know that story about the poor woman who was punished for following the White Goddess so she made that little boy out of clay and used it to smite her oppressors?

White Elk
Posted on Wednesday, November 10, 2004 - 06:22 pm:   

Yeah, light an extra candle. I'll hie me to the sweat lodge and blow out with a belch. I suppose you;re one of those crystal-wearing, nam-yan-ho-yo-reng-geng-kyo chanting, new age freaks who think native americans were as one with the land and all that cheese. Let me tell ya something, sweetcheeks. We could have given a shit about the land. We used it up. That old commercial they used to have with the old indian guy on horseback weeping on seeing litter tossed from a car? He probably was crying because....Well, you fill in the blanks, but it wasn't about garbage. Get real.

Lucius
Posted on Wednesday, November 10, 2004 - 06:27 pm:   

Uh...You mean the Black Clay Boy? I hate to clue you in, but that lady was just nuts. Like you! Shheesh. The White Goddess.

Jasmine T.
Posted on Wednesday, November 10, 2004 - 06:51 pm:   

Well, you probably thought that's what it was about, I mean, you were young when you received it, not capable of understanding...as we all know, art springs from the Seven Spirits with the artists merely the vessels for the delivery of The Gift.

W.E., I'm ignoring you because you are so vulgar.

My wax is boiling, I have to run.

Peace.

Larraine
Posted on Wednesday, November 10, 2004 - 07:08 pm:   

Jasmine, would you like to meet over a cup of chai. Perhaps at Wiscon.....I always attend. Do you?

Larraine
Posted on Wednesday, November 10, 2004 - 07:09 pm:   

PS -- my wax is boiling, too. :P

You can't see me, I'm in the spirit world
Posted on Thursday, November 11, 2004 - 08:04 am:   

I'm down with the whole fasting in the wilderness-n-stuff, as long as the stuff includes peyote. Ain't no better way to get down with the spirit world than peyote.

Minz
Posted on Thursday, November 11, 2004 - 08:04 am:   

Hey Bob:

You should dig up the whole Nostradamus spiel about the Prince of Arabia raining fire on the New World. That way you're only offending the French astrologers. (Actually, I thought it was a clever bit of marketing, but hey, I'm just a publishing whore.)

Bob K.
Posted on Thursday, November 11, 2004 - 11:37 am:   

Hey, Jim,

Good angle. You think they'd be offended? I mean, they need all the press they can get right now, and I'm a notorious francophile for doing business with French companies and taking a stand against Freedom Toast.

Actually, I think the Book of Revelation is more topical, as it's the basis of our new federal legislative agenda.

Bob

Larraine
Posted on Thursday, November 11, 2004 - 11:55 am:   

Jasmine....Jasmine...?

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register

| Moderators | Administrators |