HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

The New Site Is Up

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » ElectricStory » The New Site Is Up « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Bob K.
Posted on Tuesday, October 26, 2004 - 11:00 pm:   

It's fairly bare-bones at this point, notwithstanding that we started puttering on it two years ago and I've been coding it full-time for the last three solid months. But you ain't seen nothing yet. Huge thanks to Kathryn Haines and Tobiah Panshin, without whose help it might never have gotten up.

Come by and take a look. After we round out the formats on these first couple hundred books and work out any kinks, we'll have a steady release and promotional schedule.

Best,
Bob

Luís
Posted on Wednesday, October 27, 2004 - 01:38 am:   

Looking good, Bob. I do find the font for the articles a bit on the small side, Though. Or, if you don't want to touch that, perhaps using Verdana instead of Arial could improve readability?

Cheers,
Luís

Bob K.
Posted on Wednesday, October 27, 2004 - 08:59 am:   

Hi, Luís,

Yeah, I agree they should be bigger. I'll add it to the list. It's very much early days here, so I appreciate the feedback.

Best,
Bob

Bob K.
Posted on Wednesday, October 27, 2004 - 04:36 pm:   

Okay, they're bigger, and no longer in a fixed-width column. That was an artifact from the old site.

Bob

Luís
Posted on Thursday, October 28, 2004 - 12:17 pm:   

Yes, much better! As for the fixed-width layout, you may want to consider sticking with it, since shorter lines are easier to read. With resolutions like 1024x768 and above being increasingly common among users, people may end up with insanely long lines if you go with variable width. Since it doesn't look very serious at 1024x768 (it does at 1600x1200), you could simply increase margin sizes a little and perhaps include the navigation bar on the right to make it more user-friendly.

Cheers,
Luís

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register

| Moderators | Administrators |