HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

Sky Captain Review

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » ElectricStory » Sky Captain Review « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Bob K.
Posted on Friday, October 01, 2004 - 02:54 pm:   

Somewhat at odds with ElectricStory's other regular columnist, Howard Waldrop, who recently reviewed Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow over at Locus, Lucius Shepard offers us Sky Captain and the World of Poo-poo Ca-ca, surely a new highpoint in the annals of postmodern discourse.

http://www.electricstory.com/reviews/skycaptain.asp

Has anyone else seen it?

Kathy S.
Posted on Friday, October 01, 2004 - 06:00 pm:   

Amen. Mr. Shepard's reviews are spot on, and I trust his opinion -- which means I won't be seeing this one. I heard folks say things like "Oh, it's good kitschy fun," and "Just turn your brain off when watching that." Nothing wrong with doing that occasionally, but when will they make a movie that requires the presence of a brain?

Bob K.
Posted on Friday, October 01, 2004 - 08:50 pm:   

Well, there are a few. I finally saw Intacto a few weeks ago and that was decent. I'm going to check out Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind tonight.

Thanks for the post.

Bob

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register

| Moderators | Administrators |