I don't get a lot of feedback. Theref... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration
Night Shade Message Boards » Rossi, Matthew » I don't get a lot of feedback. Therefore, I ask for it now. « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

matthew rossi
Posted on Monday, August 08, 2005 - 12:53 am:   

So...

Is anyone reading this stuff?

Robert Devereux
Posted on Monday, August 08, 2005 - 07:28 am:   

Yes, I'm reading it and enjoying it. I'm just not sure what I can say about it. Your essays are usually the first time I come across these topics, so I can't make any informed comments

Rhys
Posted on Monday, August 08, 2005 - 02:42 pm:   

Feedback is something that doesn't happen. It doesn't mean you are being ignored. It took me ages to realise this.

For instance, I love the work of Alvaro Mutis. I rave about his novels to friends and anyone who will listen... I recommend him to anyone who might even be slightly interested.

But I've NEVER told him how much I love his work. He's still alive but I've never done it. He's not like all those dead authors I love (Calvino, Borges, Desani, Perec, Alfau, etc) who can NEVER know how much I love their work... No, he's like Pavic, Pamuk, Vance and other authors who are still alive and who I COULD tell (for what it's worth)... but I never will. I never will tell them how much I love their work. Never.

And the same applies to you... You'll never know. You are a great writer. But I'll never tell you. Nor will anyone else. Not to your face. Behind your back they'll rave. But only there. Only there.

This is your fate, and mine, and other people's.

matthew rossi
Posted on Tuesday, August 09, 2005 - 03:59 pm:   

Well, thank you, Rhys: I *did* pimp your book in a recent interview, by the way. But I'm not looking for praise, exactly, as much as suggestions, weird trivia, tidbits to shovel into the machine.

Rhys
Posted on Wednesday, August 10, 2005 - 11:05 am:   

Tidbits to shovel into the machine is the other things that doesn't happen!

Luís
Posted on Wednesday, August 10, 2005 - 03:29 pm:   

Well, I have a story here that proves otherwise, Rhys!

rwexler
Posted on Monday, January 30, 2006 - 12:43 pm:   

Hey, I liked Palenque, your story thing in Postscripts 5

Robert

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration