Pirates of the Epistemology is up Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration
Night Shade Message Boards » Rossi, Matthew » Pirates of the Epistemology is up « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Matthew Rossi
Posted on Sunday, January 23, 2005 - 01:23 pm:   

Opinions?

Simon Owens
Posted on Sunday, January 23, 2005 - 05:04 pm:   

Up where?

Matthew Rossi
Posted on Sunday, January 23, 2005 - 05:29 pm:   

http://www.fantasticmetropolis.com/i/pirates-of-the-epistemology/full/

Up there, sorry.

T Andrews
Posted on Monday, January 24, 2005 - 01:46 pm:   

Matthew, I just finished your essay, and while I haven't let it fully digest, I thought I'd pop by and rave about it anyways.
It's fantastic, and you wrapped it all up so neatly...I'm not sure if it's the inherent hermetic flavour of your speculations that brings your heresies to a neat and gathered conclusion, or if it's just good writing. Probably both.
That Spear guy is interesting. At first, he made me think of Joseph Smith of Mormon fame. How exactly did Spear claim to receive the communication? Did he employ all the bells and whistles of the spiritualists? I'm just curious.
Anyways, great job!

Matthew Rossi
Posted on Monday, January 24, 2005 - 05:33 pm:   

According to the articles I've read, Spear himself developed trance medium techniques similar to those that would be used later by Edgar Cayce. His daughter helped him interpret them.

As for it being good writing or the inherent hermetic flavor... well, if I have to pick one, I guess I'd go with inherent flavor, as I generally don't know how good the writing actually is. But thank you very much for saying so anyway.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration