Speaking of self-promotion... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration
Night Shade Message Boards » Rossi, Matthew » Speaking of self-promotion... « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Matthew Rossi
Posted on Friday, September 03, 2004 - 01:31 pm:   

I'm doing a weird little contest thing over on my livejournal (don't judge me, man!) and I figure I might as well extend it here. To quote the relevant text:

However, if you want something a little different, here's the deal: come up with a cool way to promote my book and put it into practice. Review it for your local newspaper or get the book section of said paper to review it. Get your bookstore to order it. Buy it and pass it out as Christmas presents. Then tell me what you did, and the most interesting or original way that doesn't make the entire world want to hunt me down with pitchforks will receive a signed copy of the uncorrected proof of the book, complete with a handwritten essay in the back pages of the book. Consider it a collector's item. So yeah, basically I'm trying to harness your creativity to work for me. I read a lot of comics, and I'm pretty sure this is what Doctor Doom would do. Well, that and use robots and death rays, but I'm on a budget.

Please, please don't do anything illegal or dangerous, because I'm poor and cannot be held liable for either. Otherwise, have fun if you choose to participate. If not, well, you should still have fun, but I'd bet it will be less fun. Because I'm a fun guy, like anamita musacaria but less poisonous.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration