Mystery Science Theatre 3000 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration
Night Shade Message Boards » Rossi, Matthew » Mystery Science Theatre 3000 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Matthew Rossi
Posted on Friday, August 27, 2004 - 11:08 pm:   

I like this show.

If you do too, what's your favorite episode?

Kathy S.
Posted on Saturday, August 28, 2004 - 05:57 am:   

Manos, Hands of Fate!

John Schoffstall
Posted on Saturday, August 28, 2004 - 06:12 am:   

The Fugitive Alien ones. "He tried to kill me with a fork lift -- huzzah!"

Jess Nevins
Posted on Saturday, August 28, 2004 - 06:23 am:   

Either "Castle of Fu Manchu," where Clay and Frank manage to actually break Joel and the Bots, or one of the Coleman Francis epics of Season 6.

But there are so many fine episodes to choose from....

Matthew Rossi
Posted on Saturday, August 28, 2004 - 11:25 am:   

Any of you seen "A Touch of Satan"? The opening credits really makes that movie.

"Satan drives a Maverick?"

"Hmm, Satan is played by David Spade. Inspired casting."

Jess Nevins
Posted on Sunday, August 29, 2004 - 05:56 am:   

I forgot "Mr. B Natural" and "Giant Gila Monster," two more good ones. And the Finno-Soviet myth productions.

(I've got the entire series on tape, and eight of the rare (and bad) KTMAs. I know *way* too much about the show....)

Matthew Rossi
Posted on Sunday, August 29, 2004 - 05:59 am:   

A SAMPO! A SAMPO! What the heck is a Sampo, anyway?

Yeah, the Finno-Soviet movies were... interesting. Mr. B Natural was just a freak. I *had* the whole thing on tape a lifetime ago, but those tapes are long gone and I didn't keep up after it moved to Sci-Fi.

Jess Nevins
Posted on Sunday, August 29, 2004 - 02:06 pm:   

Not sure if you're serious about what a sampo is, but--it's an all-giving cornucopia out of Finnish myth. Mentioned in the Kalevala, IIRC.

The Sci-Fi channel eps were...not as good as what had come before, but they had some very good moments even there. And, hey, they covered Gorgo!

Matthew Rossi
Posted on Sunday, August 29, 2004 - 03:35 pm:   

No, I know. I was quoting the skit where they try and figure it out. I'm painfully familiar with the Sampo.

Some of the Sci-Fi eps are inspired. It's unfortunate that the Sandy Frank people won't let their stuff be released.

Dave G.
Posted on Wednesday, September 01, 2004 - 06:55 am:   

I can't be held responsible, but I seem to vaguely recall seeing THE KILLER SHREWS on MST3K. Anyone else see that one?

Just went to my local DVD store and what to my wondering eyes should appear, but the MST3K disc with MANOS (a true classic of the genre) and SANTA CLAUS CONQUERS THE MARTIANS! Torgo and Droppo! What a dbl feature. It's going to be a very special wknd at Chez Dave.

The real magic of this show is that the characters constantly interrupt and insult the film in a way that, somehow, only adds to it. A neat trick, previously only seen in certain inner-city grind houses specializing in zombie flicks.

Jess Nevins
Posted on Wednesday, September 01, 2004 - 07:20 am:   

Oh yes. Killer Shrews. A bad film, yet shot on a genuinely swampy location with genuinely swampy actors and actresses. It succeeds in creating an atmosphere, if at nothing else. One of the better episodes, actually.

Dave G.
Posted on Wednesday, September 01, 2004 - 07:41 am:   

I recall there being some gorgeous, terrorized beauty queens in that cast, and that the beasts were basically dogs with lengths of shag carpet glued to their backs.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration