5400 words on the Cathars and still g... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration
Night Shade Message Boards » Rossi, Matthew » 5400 words on the Cathars and still going « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

matthew rossi
Posted on Wednesday, August 18, 2004 - 03:33 am:   

Of course, there are entire books written about the Cathars, so it's hardly that big a surprise.

Is there any interest in seeing previews of essays up on the board? I don't really know what people want, the rush of disovery when it goes up or teasers? I ask because once the FM column goes live, there's a good chance the essays will gravitate to there.

Matthew Rossi
Posted on Wednesday, August 18, 2004 - 06:16 am:   

Here's the latest installment:

http://www.onceinoticediwasonfireidecidedtorelaxandenjoythefall.org/merkabah/arc hives/000831.html

T Andrews
Posted on Friday, August 27, 2004 - 07:06 am:   

Part two is great. I wish I was coming to the essay with a greater prior knowledge of the subject, but it's still a fascinating read for me.

If you had to recommend one book on the Cathars, which would it be?
How's part three coming along?

Matthew Rossi
Posted on Friday, August 27, 2004 - 08:26 am:   

Well, The Perfect Heresy by Stephen O'Shea is pretty good, albeit told in that style of 'narrative history' that you see in books like And the band played on and it doesn't really work so well here. Yuri Stoyanov's The Other God is simply brilliant. Best book on dualism that has ever existed, bar none. (That's two books, showing that I am an utter failure at doing as instructed.) One of those two might be a solid bet, and I'd go with the Stoyanov if you wanted a more general overview of dualism.

T Andrews
Posted on Friday, August 27, 2004 - 08:40 am:   

Thanks. I'll put Stoyanov on my must-list.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration