In honor of the passing... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration
Night Shade Message Boards » Rossi, Matthew » In honor of the passing... « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Matthew Rossi
Posted on Sunday, June 06, 2004 - 04:23 pm:   

You know what's a bad realization to have?

The realization that Ronald Reagan was the shaper of my childhood. President during my most formative years. Right up there with my father in terms of figures I rebel against. The dark force that is everything I oppose.

I was all prepared with a handy little screed about how Dystopian science-fiction is in the ascendence right now, whereas the Utopian manifestos that serve as a primer in our literary history (Owen's writings about the Phalanstere, Utopia by Saint Thomas More, Kepler's Somnium and De Bergerac's fanciful stories) are now mostly viewed as quaint. Technology dehumanizes, it is screamed from the mountain, and the future looks grim indeed.

To this I say; Hell, at least you didn't grow up under the tyranny of Reagan. I know, I know...a lot of people out there loved the guy and will hear you say no evil about him. Well, I'm an unabashed, nigh-vituperative weasel bastard of a liberal, and I say Screw Him! The guy had to have multiple surgeries on his nose! On his nose! What did we need, a big sign? He was so obviously lying to us that he had to go and get his nose trimmed down occasionally. And nothing would kill him! Not bullets, not Alzheimer's, not multiplex cancers, nothing. It is so obvious to anyone who looks at it that the man actually died sometime in 1979, and Nancy colluded with Donald Regan and Bill Casey to have nanites injected into the corpse, reanimating it along the principles laid down by Doctor Herbert West. Of course, the nanites have slowly consumed his brain, but that was a plus for them, as it made him malleable and easy to manipulate. Even now, the cy-zombie who was the 40th President of the United States serves as a decoy for Nancy's Kabbalistic games of world domination.

Well, okay, maybe not...but damnit, there was something really wrong in the Reagan White House. Perhaps the Prieure de Sion? The Templars? I'll let you know when I find out.

Postscript - finally dead at 93. I wrote this back in 2000, and it seemed appropriate to post it here. My uncle died of AIDS, the disease President Reagan believed God sent to punish homosexuals.

I shall not weep for him.

"Maybe the Lord brought down this plague [because] illicit sex is against the Ten Commandments." - Reagan, '89. Reagan didn't even mention AIDS until 1987, by which time it had spread into the heterosexual population and over 25,000 Americans had died.

Matthew Rossi
Posted on Monday, June 07, 2004 - 06:16 am:   

And yeah, to the guy who wrote me the long email: I guess I have no soul, because I don't get why he was a great President, much less one of the top 5 of all time. Even if I did get it, I refer you to the quote: my uncle was one of the people who died from that plague. I don't care who you are, you don't get to tell me God struck down my kin and get my love when you die.

John Klima
Posted on Monday, June 07, 2004 - 10:21 am:   

I've always found it laughable how quickly this country is to laud someone in death no matter what they did in life.

Now 'scuse me while I go kick over some headstones. ;)

JK

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration