My Favourite Patents Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration
Night Shade Message Boards » Connell, Brendan » My Favourite Patents « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Brendan Connell
Posted on Friday, May 05, 2006 - 12:58 pm:   

Patent number: US2004064982 (CHRISTENSEN, LARRY)

Method and means for expressing special positive feelings

A method of creating an expression of a positive feeling such as love towards another involves taking an empty receptacle, such as a package, wrapping and enclosing the package with gift-style material, placing a note on the package expressing the positive feelings to the recipient of the package and including a request that the package remain unopened but suggesting that the unopened package is filled with the positive feelings. A closed wrapped container, such as a package, has a written note on an exterior surface thereof advising the recipient leave the package unopened, but suggesting that the unopened package is filled with the positive feelings such as love.

Lars Thorsen
Posted on Wednesday, March 07, 2007 - 08:56 am:   

Brendan,

Have you ever been to the Human Being Society's website? Madam X , the proprietress, is quite a trip ! She does the essence of the above patent's idea in many different ways. She is one of the people who go to Suzanne Taylor's Mighty Companions meetings in Los Angeles. X's husband Bob is an extemporaneous piano player and a delight at parties. X's sense of humor is almost tongue-in-cheek, but on a deeper level she is very very enlightened.

http://www.humanbeingsociety.org/humanbeingsociety.html

Brendan Connell
Posted on Wednesday, March 07, 2007 - 09:37 am:   

Hi Lars,

Thanks for the link :-)

I am actually completing a short story involving this idea now which I think will be titled, Dr. Black, Ideas & Patents...

Is Madam's husband called Bob X by any chance?

We Are Me

Lars Thorsen
Posted on Thursday, March 08, 2007 - 10:31 pm:   

No, Robert has a 'real' last name , LOL

Gail used Madam X as a way to change in her head I think, from the mundane earthly social format, to the overarching cosmic perspective.

Early on in the HBS , she was making very dry humor advertising and project art pieces. It looks more serious now day, and no fooling around. Jean sent me a piece MadamX did, it was a small package with incredible hand work, drawings, printing, the construction itself, $80 worth of time at least, and she sells it for $3. So it is an work of art for a means that is somewhat beyond part of my understanding.

As Kristian Birkeland postulated, the galaxy is filled with plasma currents and flows, which move along magnetic field lines from large and super-large magnetic field structures created by massive compact objects in galactic centers and collapsed stars. The electrons spiral along the field lines, searching for the end of the rainbow, no doubt. Madam X does not know of this I am sure, but her revelation in 1980, (before Birkeland was resurrected by physicists from his 1915 publication and early death in the 1920's?) her "the entire gradation of transforming energy of the Spiral Wave" is so right on! It is so Birkeland in concept of the spiraling plasma along the magnetic field lines, and some are thought to be 350 mega parsecs long !

Brendan Connell
Posted on Friday, March 09, 2007 - 09:39 am:   

If you dig that, how about a . . .

Method of determining satisfaction and desire in virtual creatures

There are described methods for determining intensities of satisfactions and desires of a virtual creature vP (e.g. motivated agent system, virtual man in Internet). These intensities are represented, at time t, by functions bef(vP,b,t) (the intensity of satisfaction with respect to need b) and des(vP,b,t) (the intensity of desire with respect to need b). These methods may be applied in order to: (i) simulate satisfactions and desires, and determine emotion states of an artificial creature vP, (ii) develop a control algorithm which determines the behavior of vP, (iii) build in such semantic of man emotions into artificial creature vP that vP would better understand emotional behavior of a man.

Lars Thorsen
Posted on Friday, March 09, 2007 - 09:58 am:   

Sounds like how to design a computer game or video game for the ways to keep the human player interested and to buy the next level, generation or model. It stems from the intelligence community assigning numerical emotional scores to words; so when you are writing a newspaper headline for instance, you can judge the impact it will have in terms of attention grabbing power on the person passing by who merely glances at the headline and never even buys the paper. Combine the headline with a large front page picture and there is a larger message possible to foist on the public. Watch for newspapers that run pictures and headlines that have nothing to do with each other in terms of being connected in a story sense, but have a third message other than the two unconnected stories represented. (I have seen this many times)

So how will we be able to transfer human consciousness into an AI machine? Will it be done by algorithming a personality profile and psychological index score into a virtual response program database? It is likely a fantasy that human consciousness can be downloaded and uploaded into a CPU, it will be done by synthesizing the parameters of decision making, response, and belief structure. Tho I suspect all the resultant 'artificial beings' will be remarkably similar! haha. The new Dr. Moreau/Dr Frankenstein will be capable of growing armies of clones, once the mental operations dept can be standardized.

On a second take of your post, it carries the meaning of how an 'alien' would evaluate a human, using a 'universal translator'. The results are dependent on correctly building the data base of body language, vocal clues and small muscle giveaways.

On a third take I'm getting how a virtual being would determine its actions to elicit response from a human, almost like a virtual prostitute!

That's getting far out there Brendan.

Brendan Connell
Posted on Friday, March 09, 2007 - 11:09 am:   

Yup.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration