Summer of the Apocalypse Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration
Night Shade Message Boards » Van Pelt, James » Summer of the Apocalypse « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jim Van Pelt
Posted on Wednesday, July 05, 2006 - 08:43 am:   

My novel, Summer of the Apocalypse, will be released in October, in time for World Fantasy, from Fairwood Press.

For the last couple of days, I've been working on the very interesting task of blurb hunting. What this involves is asking writers whose names have recognition value, and who I know well enough to impose on, to write something pithy about the book or about my writing for the cover.

It's uncomfortable work in many ways. It feels like taking advantage of a personal relationship for a business transaction. But, it's a part of the job.

Jim Van Pelt
Posted on Friday, October 20, 2006 - 04:40 pm:   

I received a box full of SUMMER OF THE APOCALYPSE yesterday. I'm now, officially, a novelist!

There are several SotA functions already set up. I'll be at MileHiCon in Denver next weekend with the books, then World Fantasy the weekend afterwards. The Colorado Librarians Association's big weekend conference and book bash happens Nov. 11 (I'm doing a presentation on Using SF to Reach Reluctant Readers). Then, Nov. 19, Colorado Home Grown Tales will do "Do Good" from THE LAST OF THE O-FORMS AND OTHER STORIES as part of their dramatic presentations early in the day; then we'll retire to Who Else books for a signing that afternoon. On Dec. 2, I'll debut the book for Grand Junction with a signing at Hastings (they also hosted my debut signings for the first two collections). Finally, I'll be a part of a Barnes and Nobel local author Christmas signing, probably the weekend of Dec. 9.

You can find out more about the book at Fairwood Press.
Also, I have started a blog at A Place for Strangers and Beggars.

Whew!

David de Beer
Posted on Thursday, July 26, 2007 - 02:07 pm:   

hmm, I am curious now that I've read some reviews of it, but no one has stock anymore. Will it be reprinted soon?

Jim Van Pelt
Posted on Tuesday, July 31, 2007 - 09:38 pm:   

You can get it through Amazon. Since it's a print on demand book, it doesn't really go out of print.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration