Tonguage Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » Nemonymous » Tonguage « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Dflewis
Posted on Monday, August 28, 2006 - 09:27 am:   

Tonguage n. (derivation: 'Weirdtongue' novel 28 August 2006):

A language that is physical; a language with words of inter-grammatical force and bulk; a language (of meaningful or meaningless words and their constituent letters) which interacts negatively or positively with those using it; a language possessing the familiar phonetic, semantic, graphological and syntactical usages as well as being a tangible thing-in-itself, often with its own consciousness and ability to change those very usages.

Dflewis
Posted on Thursday, August 31, 2006 - 12:22 am:   

Weirdtongue’s the bee’s knees. I’m really getting excited at some of the stuff being produced by the DFL factory, and if I didn’t know DFL was me I’d be scratching my head and saying: who is this guy? Who is he? Who is he? Who IS he?

Needless to say, I’m pleased with the buzz I’m getting from the stuff that DFL appears to be grinding out on my behalf. This is probably the only way to address the phenomenon of self. With awe. And lack of humility. Before slipping down the stairs – like the old man I am – and crumpling in a heap ready for the knacker’s yard.

http://www.weirdmonger.com for easy navigation.

Dflewis
Posted on Thursday, August 31, 2006 - 10:56 am:   

Today our hero turns into a gas leak (chapter 52).

And a quote from an earlier chapter:
"...a novel about a monster where the monster is the pages of language that describe the monster rather than the monster itself.”

Easy navigation:
http://www.weirdmonger.com

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register