Simplified Competitions Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » Nemonymous » Simplified Competitions « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

des
Posted on Saturday, May 17, 2003 - 03:17 am:   

Valuable Book Prizes.
Simplified Rules, overriding previous details:
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
*Prize A*
A copy of `Swords and Ice Magic' by Fritz Leiber –***signed by its author***.

The winner will be the first to send to nemonymous@hotmail.com the titles of the two stories in Nemonymous Part Three that you think are written by the same author.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
*Prize B*
A copy of `The Broken Sword' by Poul Anderson (the forerunner of Lord of The Rings?) - ***signed by its author***

The winner will be the first to send to nemonymous@hotmail.com a correct estimation of which stories in Nemonymous Part Three are written by male or female writers (or the nearest estimation before the competition ends).

++++++++++++++++++
*Prize C*
`Best of DF Lewis' (Tal Publications) 1993, plus
`The Weirdmonger's Tales' by DF Lewis (Wyrd Press) 1994, plus
`Dagon' Magazine #26 – the now very rare and valuable DF Lewis Special edition from October 1989

And the winner of this prize package will eventually also receive a copy of the Prime book when it is published as a retrospective of my work. All to be signed by me to the winner, if they want me to do so!

I am asking you to write a short critique of Nemonymous Part Three (say 400 to 500 words or less) bringing out your own perceptions of the interconnecting themes of the stories etc. and sending it to nemonymous@hotmail.com

My estimation of the best will win the prize.

I may post some or all of them anonymously from time to time on Veils&Piques.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/veils_and_piques/
++++++++++++++++++++++

All prizes fairly awarded at my complete discretion.

Des Lewis

Des
Posted on Saturday, May 17, 2003 - 12:46 pm:   

Broken Sword, the signed book prize above - it is claimed by some - is the contemporaneous precursor of Tolkien's Lord of The Rings!
Des

Luís Rodrigues
Posted on Saturday, May 17, 2003 - 02:54 pm:   

And a far better book too.

I have the Fantasy Masterworks edition, but I regard your signed copy with gluttonous eyes.

Best,
Luís

Des
Posted on Sunday, June 01, 2003 - 01:31 am:   

Sorry, apparently the wording for Prize B above may be a bit vague. I'm after the titles of which stories in Nemo~3 are by female writers.
Des
http://www.nemonymous.com

Des
Posted on Sunday, June 01, 2003 - 04:47 am:   

NOTE: All emails to any of the addresses of the publisher should have 'egnis' in the subject line or they may not reach him.

Des
Posted on Tuesday, July 29, 2003 - 09:13 am:   

If you do not receive an acknowledgement for your competition entry, this means it has not been received.

Nobody has yet answered the questions correctly regarding (A) and (B) above - and I am still receiving entries for (C).
Des

Des
Posted on Monday, August 25, 2003 - 06:47 am:   

Although I've been more than simply surprised at the success of certain aspects of 'Nemonymous', I have been very disappointed at the failure of the Competitions I set some time ago.
I repeat the questions (and the prizes) below this message -- and I shall also repeat these on the new Nemonymous discussion forum which you can join at:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/nemonymous/
WHERE THE ANSWERS SHOULD BE SENT for all to see.

And story contributors to Nemo~3 can also join in -- except, obviously, in the 'two story' question, for the person who wrote those two stories!
Any previous entries will still count.
Des

*Prize A*
A copy of `Swords and Ice Magic' by Fritz Leiber –***signed by its author***.

The winner will be the first to send to the Nemonymous discussion forum the titles of the two stories in Nemonymous Part Three that you think are written by the same author.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
*Prize B*
A copy of `The Broken Sword' by Poul Anderson (the forerunner of Lord of The Rings?) - ***signed by its author***

The winner will be the first to send to the Nemonymous discussion forum the titles of which stories in Nemonymous Part Three are written by female writers.
If nobody gets it right, the winner will be the nearest.

++++++++++++++++++
*Prize C*
`Best of DF Lewis' (Tal Publications) 1993, plus
`The Weirdmonger's Tales' by DF Lewis (Wyrd Press) 1994, plus `Dagon' Magazine #26 – the now very rare and valuable DF Lewis Special edition from October 1989

And the winner of this prize package will eventually also receive a copy of the Prime book when it is published as a retrospective of my work. All to be signed by me to the winner, if they want me to do so!

I am asking you to write a short critique of Nemonymous Part Three (200 to 500 words) bringing out your own perceptions of the interconnecting themes of the stories etc.
My estimation of the best will win the prize.

++++++++++++++++++++++

All prizes fairly awarded at my complete discretion.
You can enter one or more of these competitions.

Des

des
Posted on Wednesday, December 31, 2003 - 02:16 pm:   

Tomorrow, I hope to start the denemonisation process of the 23 stories in Nemonymous Part Three here:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/veils_and_piques/
where the answers etc. of the competitions have also just been announced.

The following prizes:

A copy of `Swords and Ice Magic' by Fritz Leiber ***signed by its author***, and
a copy of `The Broken Sword' by Poul Anderson (the forerunner of Lord of The Rings?) ***signed by its author***

are now available for writing a poem (no longer than 14 lines) entitled 'Nemonymity' and posted to the Nemonymous discussion forum here:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/nemonymous/

The one I like best before 29 February 2004 will win both those books.

Happy New Year, Des

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register