Goldfrapp Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » Nemonymous » Goldfrapp « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

des
Posted on Wednesday, March 29, 2006 - 09:33 am:   

Fortuitously, I was booked in for a 'Goldfrapp' concert at the end of March in the Royal Albert Hall, London.

It was last night. Absolutely amazing. I'm usually a classical music lover, but this was something else. Glam rock combined with Marilyn Monroe with Kate Bush with New Order with...

My rib-bones vibrated along with the whole Albert Hall. It was mind-blowing and sexy and darkly weird and joyfully beautiful and deafening and musically sophisticated...

I think I glimpsed the Angel Megazanthus for the first time.
des

Dave G.
Posted on Wednesday, March 29, 2006 - 02:04 pm:   

It astonishes me that Allison Goldfrapp has never been asked to do a Bond theme.

des
Posted on Wednesday, March 29, 2006 - 11:32 pm:   

I agree. She is a modern diva.
Also I find a degree of 'anonymity' in this set-up which enhances their theatricality: Alison herself becomes quite a different person outside the stage performance; her partner in Goldfrapp (Will Gregory) does not perform; and the dancers wear masks of different designs...
des

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register