Nemonymous Five Cover Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » Nemonymous » Nemonymous Five Cover « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

des
Posted on Tuesday, August 23, 2005 - 02:02 am:   

Someone has ordered a few copies of NEMO 5 to use as presents. And thinking about it, with this cover, it would indeed make a perfect surprise present!

I'm still waiting to hear whether this cover works as well in USA as it does in UK?
des

Previous comments:
Received Nemonymous 5 this morning, itself a wonderful work of art, and I just read the first two brilliant stories in the garden -- both superb, will read the others later today/tomorrow.

...the best ideas are simple and this has the combination of simplicity and wit. I love it! It seems to reflect the anonymous theme. The colour looks spot on, it's deep in my subconscious, so much so that last night when I needed to make some notes while working I automatically reached for it. This is true!

I like the headings on the last three pages, might help some people if at first they don't get it, the final heading adds a sinister note. Something that works though it shouldn't do is starting two stories without seeing their titles (pages 19 and 47) until you turn the pages. This breaks all the rules of typography and layout but because it's nemo it's ok.
I can honestly say that the more I look at it the more I like it, no idea what the stories are like but just as an artefact it has a strange hypnotic power.
It's just come to me that Nemo 5 has that Phil Dickian quality, an object that is not what it seems. It reminds me of my most memorable moment as a science fiction reader when in Time Out of Joint the soft drinks stand dissolves and Ragle Gumm is left with a card bearing the words 'SOFT DRINKS STAND'.

Outstanding, Des. This is pop art. This is like Claus Oldenberg and his big soft electrical plugs. I shall try it in different positions all over the house. I'm now *very* pleased that I restrained myself from reading other folks' cover comments until I'd seen this beauty.
It's left me with a deep and delighted smile.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register