HP Lovecraft on the Net Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » Nemonymous » HP Lovecraft on the Net « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

des
Posted on Tuesday, June 28, 2005 - 09:41 am:   

I was speculating today how HPL may have behaved if he had had the Net available to him in his day? Bearing in mind his multitudinous Amateur publications and countless letters, I guess he would have been a very active participant on message boards, blogs etc. etc.

Or as the type of person he appears to be from the evidence, would he have derided and spurned the whole thing, retreating nemonymously into the shadows?
des

Jamie
Posted on Wednesday, June 29, 2005 - 08:34 am:   

I may be in the minority here, but I can't help but think he would have been considered a troll more often than not. I just can't see his various prejudices and eccentricities not leaving him open to such charges.

des
Posted on Thursday, June 30, 2005 - 12:44 am:   

Yes, I can imagine message boards peppered with his 'hpl' even now in the alternate world scenario I envisage - each of his posts full of nemotions expressing all manner of things.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register