Intentional Fallacy Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » Nemonymous » Intentional Fallacy « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

des
Posted on Wednesday, December 01, 2004 - 08:05 am:   

'Intentional Fallacy' concerns itself with the situation where the artefacts themselves (novels, stories, music, sculpture etc) are the only considerations, because all other things outside the artefacts are unknowable and indeed should be unknowable. The artefact itself would be different if it included things other than itself.

For example the very recent review of the 'Deathrealms' book suggests my 'Bloodbone' story is pro racist!

http://www.seele-brennt.com/horrorvault/2004/09/deathrealms-selected-tales-from- land.html
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Rhys
Posted on Thursday, December 02, 2004 - 02:42 am:   

'Bloodbone' never struck me as being pro racist.

I'd be tempted to say this is another example of a reviewer confusing the attitudes of a character with the attitudes of the author. But there aren't really any political attitudes at all in this story, so I'm not sure what the reviewer is talking about.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register