Coke or Pepsi? Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » Nemonymous » Coke or Pepsi? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

des
Posted on Thursday, October 14, 2004 - 07:27 am:   

Written today in 'The Times' newspaper:

"A preference for the taste of Coca-Cola or Pepsi lies in the mind as much as on the tongue. Scientists have discovered that when people know which of the two brands they are drinking, their brains respond differently to when they taste the drinks "blind"."

My italics.

This perhaps bears out what many people have said about reading short fiction in 'Nemonymous'.
des

des
Posted on Thursday, October 14, 2004 - 08:33 am:   

Reading on in the same article:

"...Coke's branding has been so successful that it stimulates a cultural preference in the brain that might sometimes override preferences based solely on taste."

And one of those subject to the experiment (who had drunk only Diet Coke solidly for 16 years) said:

"For so many years I have been fooled by a mixture of familiarity and marketing. This is a social catastrophe. If there was a body called IDSDA (Idiot Diet Soda Drinkers Anonymous) I would join it."

des

des
Posted on Tuesday, November 16, 2004 - 07:47 am:   

ASIMOV'S review (January 2005) of Nemonymous~4 has just arrived and includes these words:

"...this compact little book offers immense pleasures as the reader drifts in an egalitarian sea of pure literature."

Wow! Pleased with that.

Prize competition here (directly after the Nemo~5 submission guidelines):
http://www.nemonymous.com
for winning a very rare hardback edition of 'Weirdmonger'.

http://www.nemonymous.com is also now the sole venue for the ever-increasing contents of free-to-read and previously published stories (eventually to number well over a 1000 titles!).

CONTINUALLY TRYING TO PERFECT THIS AMATEURISH SITE:
http://www.weirdmonger.com

des
Posted on Thursday, August 11, 2005 - 12:25 am:   

Re this previous thread, I received some genuine professional spam today inviting me to take part in a Coke vs. Pepsi survey.
des

REMINDER: "A preference for the taste of Coca-Cola or Pepsi lies in the mind as much as on the tongue. Scientists have discovered that when people know which of the two brands they are drinking, their brains respond differently to when they taste the drinks "blind"."

This perhaps bears out what many people have said about reading short fiction in 'Nemonymous'.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register