Neologisms Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » Nemonymous » Neologisms « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

des
Posted on Wednesday, August 25, 2004 - 06:24 am:   

Does anyone else think they have created new words (in their fiction or otherwise) -- or new expressions from old words -- that they know didn't exist and that they hope will circulate into common currency (or have done so already)?

I humbly claim inventing 'weirdmonger' (1988), 'wordhunger' (1999), 'nemonymous, nemonymity, late-labelling' (2001), 'denemonise' (2002), 'megazanthus' (2003) & 'weirdonymous' (2004)

des

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

des
Posted on Saturday, November 06, 2004 - 02:09 pm:   

PRIZE COMPETITION: Deadline 31st December 2004

There were only 50 numbered copies of the hardback version of `Weirdmonger' by DF Lewis.
I have in my possession one or two copies that were discarded from numbering because they were slightly damaged in transit. (These were later replaced so that 50 in total could be numbered.)

I'm offering at least one of these slightly damaged hardback editions (personally signed by me to the winner) as the prize.

Please provide - as a sentence or two or a even just a single phrase - a definition of or oblique reference to one of these:
`Nemonymity' or `Megazanthus' or `The Ominous Imagination' or `Wordonymous'.
You choose and declare which one your entry is based on. Your entry may be humorous or serious.

Your definition or reference must at least *include* any continuous string of words from any one of DFL's re-published stories as part of the `Numinous Megazanthus' project, the contents of which are shown here:
http://weirdmonger.blogdrive.com/

Entries to: bfitzworth@yahoo.co.uk quoting which story you've used.

My decision as to the winner or winners is final.
des

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register