Twin Piques Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » Nemonymous » Twin Piques « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Des
Posted on Wednesday, August 06, 2003 - 12:04 am:   

Separate from the general Shared Universes thread (which would cover discussion of all sorts of permitted and unpermitted 'sharing'), I thought I would explain further what *eventually* I probably had percolating in my mind for Nemonymous following Nemonymous~4, if the 'shared universe' category of submission were successful. For me, Twin Peaks was probably the greatest TV drama series ever. It was essentially to become a 'shared universe' with several authors involved (I think).
Following submissions of 'shared universe' stories (which would have been shown to the headlease author prior to acceptance) - one or more for the same original Nemo story indeed - then there might have emerged a series of 'Twin Peaks'-type Shared Universes within future Nemonymi as controlled (edited) separately by the headlease author. Not Twin Piques, but several. Several autonomous worlds beyond my control.
Again, my mistake (other than not developing this idea far enough in my own mind before launching it) was not to seek prior express permission for soliciting such new stories to be written, i.e. new creatively distinct stories that happen within the milieu of original Nemo stories.
Des

Nicholas Liu
Posted on Wednesday, August 06, 2003 - 09:52 am:   

That sounds intriguing. Could you explain further?

Des
Posted on Wednesday, August 06, 2003 - 10:02 am:   

Well, Nicholas, I think it's all there. Still perking. (Or peeking).
A number of 'editors' for one half of each Nemonymous issue, each 'editor' with their own shared universe under their control stemming from their own first published Nemo story. (The other half of each Nemo being for brand new 'unshared' stories readying themselves to feed future shared universes, ad infinitum ... ad absurdum?)
In the true tradition of Veils & Piques.
Des

Nicholas Liu
Posted on Wednesday, August 06, 2003 - 10:16 am:   

Hurm. The problem I see with that is the difficulty you'd have getting enough quality stories for each shared universe, unless you severely restricted the number of shared universes in operation. Now that I think about it, that might not actually be that difficult; after all, only some writers are likely to be willing to seriously commit themselves to editing one of these sections, surely, naturally limiting the number of eligible shared universes. On the other hand, that fact also contains its own demerit.

Hm.

Des
Posted on Wednesday, August 06, 2003 - 10:30 am:   

But, as ever, Serendipity and Synchronicity have stood Nemo in good stead so far -- and so it might with this new idea. It's whether I have the bottle to run with it.
Des

Des
Posted on Wednesday, August 20, 2003 - 10:46 am:   

Prick the bubble?
Since Nemonymous~1 was published in 2001, I have been claiming (after some research) that it was the world's very first printed self-contained collection of multi-authored anonymous fiction stories, i.e the first anonymous multi-authored fiction anthology *ever*.
But is this really true? I'd love to hear of some counter-claimants?
Des

Des
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2003 - 08:06 am:   

And does it matter? Probably not. Des

JamieRosen
Posted on Sunday, August 24, 2003 - 09:38 pm:   

Some quarrelsome types may venture the Bible, or one of many collections of folk and fairy tales, or...

But to my knowledge, this is the first self-contained colelction of multi-authored anonymous fiction stories collected as such.

Des
Posted on Monday, August 25, 2003 - 01:06 am:   

Thanks, Jamie, for the input re the first 'pique'. I've now added the words 'collected as such' here: http://nemonymous.com

The second 'pique' (or 'veil') is to confirm that Nemonymous is, as I claim, the first ever fiction publication to enable anonymous submissions until beyond the point of categorical editorial acceptance or rejection.
Des

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register