Sweet Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » Nemonymous » Sweet « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Luís
Posted on Friday, August 01, 2003 - 10:39 am:   

Hello all,

For some reason I cannot fathom, my ISP blocked access to fantasticmetropolis.com (among other addresses), which means I can't check my FM e-mail, can't update the site, or even *see* it. So apologies if I don't reply to your e-mail in time, or update the site in the next couple of days.

Jay -- I figure my shitty ISP is the reason why everything I tried to send to you in the past few weeks got bounced back. Their DNS servers must be a complete mess.

Best,
Luís

Luís
Posted on Friday, August 01, 2003 - 10:44 am:   

My apologies. This should have gone in the FM board. Mixed up the windows.

(Note to self: must stop taking those pills with vodka.)

Best,
Luís

Des
Posted on Friday, August 01, 2003 - 10:44 am:   

Hey, Luis, thanks for bolstering my message-weight on Nemo! ;-) Des
PS: It's nice to see 'Sweet' as a Nemo subtitle! I needed a bit of sweetness today.

Luís Rodrigues
Posted on Friday, August 01, 2003 - 10:51 am:   

LOL!

Again, sorry about that. I was on the phone with my ISP, so I couldn't really see what I was doing.

Incidentally, my ISP denies any problem on their end -- it's me who should reboot my computer and reset the cable modem, it seems.

Best,
Luís

John Klima
Posted on Friday, August 01, 2003 - 11:26 am:   

Ah yes, the unplug, wait five minutes, and everything magically works again. I find that if there is a power surge, or if I don't connect to the internet for about a week (sometimes I take vacations), I have to reboot my modem and router. Did they ask if everything was connected correctly?

JK

Des
Posted on Friday, August 01, 2003 - 02:20 pm:   

Setbacks can "summon new eyes to" shine upon previously unknown ways of doing things.

Anagram of 'sweet nemonymous'.
Des

Rhys
Posted on Saturday, August 02, 2003 - 03:15 am:   

Try dissolving honey in red wine vinegar and olive oil when you next make a salad dressing... that is sweetness indeed! The tomatoes love it.

Des
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2003 - 12:17 pm:   

Do tomatoes have loving feelings then?
Des

des
Posted on Saturday, November 08, 2003 - 04:05 am:   

As nobody seems interested in this question, I've started some of my own research, starting with:
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/

des
Posted on Tuesday, November 18, 2003 - 11:33 am:   

"...excavating the purest veins of writing, where only text, not the hype, matters" from ASIMOV's Jan 2004
This review also calls it a 'handsome and
innovative magazine' and that 'the level of writing in this new volume is very high, with all the stories repaying your attention'.
Des

des
Posted on Saturday, February 28, 2004 - 04:51 am:   

As I head closely towards the deadline for Nemo~4 submissions, I realise how privileged I've been.
Without one word of a lie (and I wish I could prove it, and I wish I knew who wrote them!), I've literally received hundreds of great Nemonymous-type stories - and indeed I feel I have been lucky enough to read several private issues of Nemonymous in one go, sadly only one of which will be published.

=====
Not chaos theory perhaps, but a realisation that there are many more determining factors in our lives that are represented by anonymous people than those real named folk we've met and interacted with.
The people we actually know personally and are directly tied to our lives are perhaps simply co-passengers on the roller-coaster raft that rides the concertina domino-rally of white-water anonymity.

++++++++++
"The decision to read a book, any book, is an exercise in cost-benefit analysis, usually conducted under conditions of uncertainty...."

The big question, for me, regards which books decide to read *us*.
Filters can work both ways. The book becomes what it is *through us*, for each of us quite different, even if the raw text remains unchanged. Therefore, I can understand novels wanting to be fastidiously choosy about their readers. For them the cost is very high (their own existence as an imaginative creation) whilst the benefits are uncertain.

des
Posted on Sunday, February 29, 2004 - 04:43 am:   

I am not sure how this process will work exactly, but I still have *many* more stories in my possession than there will be room for in Nemo~4.
Thanks for the patience to those of you I have kept stories for some time - and I only wish I could promise that they could all be published. They certainly deserve it. Acceptances and rejections will hopefully be issued in the next few weeks with the authors still retaining their anonymity. Contracts will be sent for real names to be filled in.

The guidelines for Nemonymous~5 will appear on this page in due course:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/nemonymous/

In the meantime – so as to ensure there *will* be a Nemonymous~5, you are invited to investigate the special offer mentioned below regarding the existing (now legendary!) Nemonymous anthologies.

In the first three anthologies alone, 54 original stories were published – and their authors financially remunerated, together with their writing careers hopefully enhanced by the effective means of late-labelling.

SPECIAL OFFER FOR ALL STUNNING NEMONYMOUS ANTHOLOGIES:
Please write to nemonymous@hotmail.com for all purchase info and any other query. Please use `egnis' as the subject to ensure delivery of your email.

des
Posted on Friday, July 15, 2005 - 04:32 am:   

A Nemo#4 author has said: "What has attracted me the most to Nemonymous is that through its anonymity (a primary facet of the unknown, of the weird) it's becoming, I think, a focal point for modern fantasy, a gathering, if you will, for a new school of weird."

Nemonymous Five will be launched in the next few days.

des
http://www.nemonymous.com

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register