Second Chance Book Adoption Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » Lundberg, Jason Erik » Second Chance Book Adoption « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jason Erik Lundberg
Posted on Thursday, February 01, 2007 - 09:11 am:   

Once again, it's been a while since I've updated here. A lot has been happening lately, and it's been regularly reported at LundBlog, so that's the best place to find out the latest skinny.

The biggest news is that my wife Janet and I will be moving from North Carolina to Singapore at the end of March. The very long story behind the move is located here, but in short, we're both uninsured and can no longer afford to live in the US with its present health care system. There are some other reasons as well, but health care is the big one, especially now that we're trying to get pregnant.

Making a transatlantic move is an expensive proposition, and we came to the decision that it'll be far easier to sell many of our possessions here and then buy them again over there, rather than ship them halfway across the world. This includes my books, of which there are many.

Second Chance Book Adoption has existed in one form or another for almost a year, and of the 750 books that have been listed on the site, 430 have currently been sold. However, 320 books remain, and we would really like to get them into the hands of folks who would appreciate them before donating them to our local library. We have 19 categories of both fiction and nonfiction, and the prices have been slashed as low as we're willing to go; the typical pricing scheme, unless noted otherwise, is as follows:

$5 for hardcovers
$3 for trade paperbacks
$1 for mass market paperbacks

The purpose of the site is twofold:

1) to part with the books we don't absolutely need, so that we won't have to pay to ship them to Singapore, and

2) to help fund the move. We're definitely not making a profit here, but the money that has been raised so far has helped to pay bills and ship about a dozen boxes overseas.

We only have two more months before the big move. Please take a moment and visit the site to see if anything strikes you. There should be something for everyone, and every purchase helps.

Thanks.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register