HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

The Triumphant Return!

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » Lundberg, Jason Erik » The Triumphant Return! « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jason Erik Lundberg
Posted on Friday, August 11, 2006 - 03:10 pm:   

As you can tell from the dates of the other threads on this board, I haven't been posting here in a while. The Night Shade Discussion Area had gotten invaded by spam-spreading bots, and it made even browsing a pain in the ass, so I just stopped visiting. Then last week, on a whim, I checked out the ol' space, and lo and behold, all the spam was gone, vanquished by our humble hosts, and banished to the nether regions of cyberspace from whence they came.

So. I have a lot to tell y'all about.

First, publications:

"Most Excellent and Lamentable," Text:UR - The New Book of Masks (ed. Forrest Aguirre), March 2007

"Embedded Narrative in the Fiction of Kelly Link," Foundation no. 99, Winter 2007

"The Old Switcheroo: A Study in Neil Gaiman's Use of Character Reversal," The Neil Gaiman Reader (ed. Darrell Schweitzer),
October 2006 (reprint)

"Reality, Interrupted," MechMuse Audio Magazine no. 2, Summer 2006 (audio reprint)

"Memories of Clarion," Clarion My Wayward Son no. 1, June 2006 (audio)

"Enlightenment" and "Songstress," Voices: New Media Fiction (ed. Mur Lafferty), March 2006 (audio reprint)

I also started up a new second series of my podcast Lies and Little Deaths: A Virtual Anthology. Here's the rundown of the episodes:

01: Words (guest fiction by Zoran Zivkovic)
02: The Patron Saint of Plagues (review)
03: Crystal Rain (review)
04: One Big Crunch (fiction)
05: Bangkok 8 (review)
06: Flight Is For Those Who Have Not Yet Crossed Over (guest fiction by Jeff VanderMeer)
07: Shriek: An Afterword (review)
08: One Less (fiction)
09: River of Gods (guest review by Mark Teppo)
10: Ghost Dancing (fiction)
11: The King's Last Song (review)
12: The Last Shift (guest fiction by Hal Duncan)
13: Nothing is Inflammable (review)
14: Jury Duty (fiction)
15: Bangkok Tattoo (review)

I got some writing done on the tower novel, and am now up to 18,400 words.

The Fall semester at St. Augustine's College begins next week, and I'll be teaching three English composition classes.

Over the summer, we traveled to Madison for WisCon, Des Moines for DemiCon, and Singapore to visit Janet's family. And after receiving some medical news, we decided that we will be hauling up stakes and moving to Singapore sometime next summer; rather than take up space here, I'll just point you to my blog entry with the details.

So that's pretty much what I've been up to since March. I'm glad to be back here again, among such groovy folk. So, what have you been up to?

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register

| Moderators | Administrators |