Trinoc*con Schedule Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » Lundberg, Jason Erik » Trinoc*con Schedule « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jason Erik Lundberg
Posted on Thursday, July 14, 2005 - 06:13 pm:   

I'll be a guest at Trinoc-con this weekend in Durham, NC. Here's my schedule:

Saturday 10 a.m., room 107
That's Not a Story, It's a Terrorist Threat: This topic was inspired by the news story about a student arrested for writing a story about zombies overrunning a high school. The imaginary school violence was disturbing enough that his own grandparents reported him to police, who charged him with making terrorist threats, a felony. The news story has developed--it's not a simple black-and-white case of mindless censorship run amok. But still... The panelists discuss how we got to this point and where we, as artists and fans and citizens, might be heading. Panelists: Jim Grimsley (mod), Jason Erik Lundberg, James Maxey, Robert A. Metzger, Graham Watkins.

Saturday 11 a.m., room 107
Great Googley Moogley!: Do SF authors use Google in their writing? Is it a valuable research tool or just an addictive time waster? Or both? The panelists discuss the Google phenomenon as it applies to writers. Technology permitting, laptops will be on hand for real-time googling. Panelists: Richard Butner (mod), Tonya Cook, A. Leigh Jones, Jason Erik Lundberg.

Sunday 11 a.m., room 104
All Our Futures: Guests from three tracks--Science, Art, and Literary--will discuss how the disciplines of science, literature, and art mold our views of the future and how they may influence each other in the real world where that future is created. Panelists: Jason Erik Lundberg, Roger Harris, Tom Rogers, V. Anne Smith.

Sunday 1 p.m., Boardroom 2
Literary Reading: Jason Erik Lundberg and Robert A. Metzger. In the spirit of shameless self-promotion, I'll be reading "Solipsister," which will be published in Electric Velocipede in August, and the first half (it's a long story) of "Reality, Interrupted," which was published in The Third Alternative this month.

If you're in the area, come on down! And please please please stay for my reading. Joe Lansdale's reading is at 3 p.m. on Sunday, so they're anticpating that plenty of people will still be there, but still, I'd like to not be performing for an empty room. Alex Wilson and I are even talking about him bringing some portable recording equipment so that he can capture the reading in digital, so you could be immortalized as an audience member!

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register